Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Dress shopping!

hey guys! I'm going dress shopping in a couple of weeks and I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations? My budget is $1,500 tops, but if I could find something for less that would be great too! Also, if you have any suggestions can you please include whether or not you need to make an appointment? thanks for your help!

Re: Dress shopping!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    After becoming engaged, I bought a bridal magazine and starting looking for styles. One designer really stood out - Maggie Sottero. When I was ready to try on dresses, I started with Davids Bridal simply because I had been there before for a friends wedding and found it not to be overwhelming. I didn't leave there with a dress but I did leave there with an idea of the styles I likes. From there, I found stores that carried the designer that I liked and ended up at Beckers Bridal in Fowler, MI. It is a beautiful store and a lot of fun. They have a great price range with PLENTY under $1500. I went two different times, once with an appointment and once without. I recieved more assistance with the appointment but if you go on a whim, they will still find room for you.Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Bridal Gallery on 44th. They have a lot of great dresses under $1500 and they were very very helpful! They don't take appointments, so I would suggest going there as soon as they open. That's what I did and it wasn't busy at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also went to Becker's bridal and had a great experience - I tried on at least a dozen dresses and they were all under $1000. They have a really good selection.
    Lindsey & John
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    275image 183image 92image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Becker's Bridal a couple months ago and they were awesome.  They had the best selection I had seen, and I went to Macy's Somerset.  The prices are very reasonable.  The staff is also very nice.  And they have a large store across the street for bridesmaids and mothers.  I would also try Lett's Bridal in Lansing.
  • Options
    terrijasonterrijason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Beckers Bridal in Fowler as well as The Bridal Lane in Dorr.   I bought my dress from the Bridal Lane, they were so helpful!  I would recommend you consider going there, its kinda  a small store but very nice!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tara.skeltontara.skelton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Becker's and Bridal Lane!  I got my dress from Becker's and they are great and as someone already said, the majority of their dresses are under $1500.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you head over the Becker's, you should also check out Fantastic Finds in Lansing! That is where I got my dress, but Becker's is great too! Fantastic Finds has a referral program where I can give out $25 off cards, and if enough people buy from them in the next year, I get my dress free! Absolutely no pressure, but if you want me to mail you one, e-mail me phill369 at msu.edu. Good luck!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards