Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

fashion help pls

so, I went out and bought a dress for my epics today. I didn't mean to buy a LBD, but I did- any thoughts on how to liven it up? Ways to add color? Here's the dress... (the link is a better/bigger pic) http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2993391?cm_ven=rss&cm_cat=fixed&cm_pla=KeyWord%3Dwomen%2527s%2Bdresses%26searchorigin%3DKeywordSearch&cm_ite=Juicy%20Couture%20'Lovely'%20Strapless%20Dress:236336&utm_source=iNeZha.com&utm_medium=im_robot&utm_campaign=iNezha 

Re: fashion help pls

• edited December 2011
    Maybe a pair of red shoes, and big funky earrings and a bracelet.When are you doing these? Did you find a photographer?
  • edited December 2011
    I asked a friend to do them They will be at my Grandfather's farm. country setting- but I want us be be dressed really modern, for a trendy chic shoot. And they will -hopefully- be done this weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd do red shoes - or maybe a bright blue, like a teal.  Big colorful earrings and chunky bracelet, and you could also add a sweater/cardigan or jacket as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with N go with red shoes and some funky earrings or necklace.
  • edited December 2011
    I like the teal idea.  I was thinking maybe one of those tiny little cap sleeve jackets? I'm also not sold on the dress- so I might just return it and getting something more colorful...
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with all the fashionistas :)  There are a lot of chic, colorful jackets out there right now, too.  Are you the type to do a hair accessory?  A brightly colored or feathered headband could be cute.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the dress---ditto to pp about chunky earrings and heels--I love teal...perhaps a scarf? 
  • edited December 2011
    I really like that dress. I think you should keep it and liven it up with the colorful accessories that pps suggested. I like the idea of a colored jacket- maybe red?
  • edited December 2011
    what about spiffy ankle boots - steve madden has some in great magenta and teal colors that would add a pop of color, with maybe more surface area than a shoe? 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh I was going to suggest a scarf.. The dress is super cute. Don't ditch yet! you could use it to create a smokin hot canvas! if you don't want to punch it up with a ton of funky colors.. think sophisticated edgy with big pearl chains.. Anne Taylor has some really pretty ones right now that have some fun blingy sparkle too.
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like black and red is too serious for me. Does that make sense? too hard perhaps. no- I can't think of a word for it... but I like the teal idea. Plus it will look good with my blue STDs I never thought of a head thing- I'll have to run to Macy's tomorrow to look for something there...
  • edited December 2011
    love steve madden! I'll have to look through my shoes when I get home... and the pearl idea is cute.  I have a long string of pearls- maybe double those up? I don't have a lot of scarfs... but I'm loving that too. I'm going to have to go home and play around!
  • edited December 2011
    I have been eyeing those pearl necklaces into Ann Taylor for my rehearsal dinner outfit!!!  great minds think alike!!!  What if you did a colored bangle to go with the shoes  in your wedding blue color, and maybe got a cute jacket to go over the dress you could remove for some shotS?
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, just remembered this!  This stylist wore the same LBD every day for a month, with a different look each day.  It might be good for inspiration:http://www.societystylist.com/?cat=20This girl did it with a brown dress for a year:http://www.littlebrowndress.com/Same idea, with a punkier style:http://www.theuniformproject.com/

Vacation
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    those are very cool websites! I would never be able to do something like that!
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually really don't like black and red together.  It's very vixen to me.  I just generally avoid wearing the two together.  I really avoid red all together most of the time though.  I would go with teal.  I think a black dress with ankle boots would be cute, just not with THAT black dress because of the ruffles and bow.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • edited December 2011
    I like the idea of teal to match your wedding colors. As for colored bangles, how about the one from your aunt that you're planning to wear for the wedding? I think it would be cool to have it in e-pics as well.
  • edited December 2011
    oh!! Thats such a good idea! Thanks Kim! I'm totally doing that!Stace- I feel the same way. at least with a LBD, I've been known to wear black pants with a red sweater- but that's a little different
  • elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brivb- glad I'm not the only one oggling those lovely baubles at Anne Taylor. And I don't know about the bracelet but I like the idea of wearing it at the epics and the wedding. trendy and cute :)
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    lol elisha.  I LOVE LOVE idea of same bracelet in each.  :-D. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I vote for the teal too. I'm with Stace. I don't like the way red and black look together, and although I wear black a lot, I very seldom wear red. Teal is one of my favorite colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards