New Jersey - South

Pricing for Merion Caterers in Cinnaminson NJ?

Hi,I'm planning to get married in May and I just called to get a price range but they said I would have to take a tour. My budget is around $100-$150 and I really like the skylight ballroom I heard many great things about this place. What is their price ranges for the different rooms? Do the packages include open bar? and what else?Thanks!

Re: Pricing for Merion Caterers in Cinnaminson NJ?

• edited December 2011
    Depends on your date but it would definitely be at the higher end of your budget. 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    When I went to look there back in Dec for a Dec wedding, the prices with taxes and gratuity was much higher than $150. It does include open bar. My Best friends sister wenr to a wedding there and didn't think the food was good and said for the amount of $$ the bride and groom spent it was not worth it.  Thats just her opinon tho.  I thought it was very beautiful but didn't like that sooo many weddings are going on at the same time and I had heard stories of them changing your bridal suite without telling you and BM were freaking out cause they couldn't find their things.I say if you have the time go in and check it out!!!We ended up going with the crowne plaza cause I wanted to be in a hotel since all of my FI family is coming from delaware.Hope this helps some!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in June on a Sunday in the Skylight, and our price per head is definitely within your budget - $125/person, including tax/gratuity.  Yes it includes open bar, and lots of passed appetizers for the cocktail hour, and a really large selection for dinner.  Saturday and Friday nights are really high, I don't remember exactly but I know it was out of my budget.  I say go talk to them and take the tour; I really enjoyed it, actually.  They'll give you the rundown.  I think Saturday afternoons are cheaper too, if I remember correctly, but I wasn't really interested in getting up at 4am to start getting my hair done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
  • edited December 2011
    We toured the Merion, and my price quote for April or September (we were torn between dates!) for their basic package was $185 per person- inclusive of tax and gratuity. It was nice- I liked the Palace Room. I hated the outside right on a highway with no outdoor picture space. I went back on a Saturday to see the place again and I saw three brides on those big stairs right at the entrance- the inside was insane, and we opted not to do the 2nd tour with our parents- just left. For the next month I wondered if I should have given the Merion another chance, but then I went to my boss's daughter's wedding there last month, and it only verified my decision to avoid this place. I ended up signing my contract just last week at another venue like 10 minutes from there but in a much better area with a much more inclusive yet affordable menu. I was put of by the salesperson the minute I first called The Merion, but because there's like a 50/50 discussion of them on these boards (some are great, some are horrible), I really wanted to see the place. Hope this helps! Good look with the wedding venue search! By the way, I have my price quote sheet from them- I can scan it to you if you want to send me your email!! My pricing was for a Friday or Sunday evening for the Skylight or the Palace in April or September 2010.
  • edited December 2011
    When we looked there last year for our Saturday June wedding it was $180 a Person no tax included and that was 2008 prices. We had our first prom together there and since they redid the place we thought it might have been a cute idea. The place is really pretty but after hearing the price and multiple weddings going on at once etc it just wasn't for us.
  • LisaLPharmDLisaLPharmD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For A Saturday night, November 6 (2010) it was $160 per person for the skylight and Palace (including taxes and gratuity, as well as open bar and all food and everything) and $144.46 for the Palazzo or Empire. The package is VERY inclusive as far as food goes, and the place is gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there on a Saturday night in July and it may be out of your price range.  They tried selling us a Saturday in April and May for a price at the low end of your budget.  It just depends on the day-Friday or Sunday or I guess whether it's a holiday weekend.  I'd go on the tour, ask to try their house wine or if they have an event going on, an appetizer-they always were giving us delicious things on our visits!  Their packages include open bar and anything you could think of.  We visited quite a few venues and none included everything the Merion did (venues didn't charge much less than the Merion either for a Sat night)  If you want any pics, email me njbridetobe09 at yahoo dot com. 
  • edited December 2011
    You can get married on a Saturday at Cescaphe for less than the Merion. Cescaphe is legendary for their food! If you're willing to do Fri or Sun, you can just eek in under your budget. You get the bonus of only one event per day as well. I'm assuming you're talking May 2011? I went to a wedding there last May and they paid $175 for a Sat night and they weren't in the skylight ballroom. Overpriced, IMO.
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married at The Merion last month and pretty much the whole reason I was sold on the place was because of the Skylight Ballroom. Unfortunately I can't really help with the price as I got a different package because I was using an outside caterer, but The Merion provided the Open Bar and the dessert stations which all my guests were raving about ! I got tons of compliments on how gorgeous the whole place looked (I had the ceremony in the Skylight room & the reception in the Palazzo). My wedding was on a Sunday and there were no other events going on that day so we had the whole place to ourselves, which def. made things easier. If you have any other questions about The Merion, feel free to email me at tararara8217@hotmail.com
  • So if I bring in my own food around how much would it be per person
  • @ginaalicea2003 This thread is over 4 years old.  Most of these prices are going to be very out of date.  I do know that the Merion will not let you bring in your own food.  If you are interested in a place where you can bring your own food, try Gibson House in Evesham Twp.
  • Just so you guys know, the Merion will work worth you. I am getting married there and payed much less then they originally quoted us without losing anything.
  • HI HI Do you mind elaborating on the pricing they quoted you on ? They wouldn't give me prices over the phone and I live out of state :(.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards