Ohio-Cincinnati

False Lashes?

Does anyone know if a place where I can buy false eyelashes and have them put them on?  I didn't know if any of the counters at the mall did this, and I'm not having a make-up artist do mine.  Any suggestions?  I really want them, but am scared to do them on my own.  Thanks!

Re: False Lashes?

• edited December 2011
    Nordstrom has an eyelash bar you can visit. I'm sure they will help you pick out a good pair and show you how to put them on.
  • rschuckmanrschuckman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    House of Brows in the Kenwood Mall.  They are about $45.00
    Anniversary
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MAC or any MAC counter. They are about 10-15 bucks and they do a great job.I would try the professional counters, some others claim they can do them but they dont stay on at all.
    edited December 2011
    Also- dont attempt to do them yourself. It will end up badly. At the least have another bridesmaid help - they are very uncomfortable and look terrible if they are done wrong.
  • edited December 2011
    Well I was planning to go to Clinique to get my make-up done, but do you think I could just go to MAC and have them do the eyelashes and makeup?  I didn't realize they did the lashes.  And yes I would not do them before I tried, I would get way too stressed out and I'm sure it would end badly, haha.
    edited December 2011
    MAC does sometimes have a fee  (however they take appointments) I would recommend them (the one specifically in Kenwood mall since its a pro store and not a counter) They are experienced. Tell them what you want- Their makeup will tend to stay on better than a clinique plus they use actual brushes vs using a qtip (not sure if clinique still does this so sorry if I am wrong) Give them a call and see what you think.
  • edited December 2011
    Quick tip:Make sure whoever you end up using to apply them uses black lash glue, not white.  My photog pointed out to me that white lash glue dries clear and shiny, and shows up in photos.  Black lash glue dries black, and merges into your lashline in photos.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip.  And does anyone know if there is a MAC in northern ky?  I'm getting married in that area and kenwood is like an hour for me, so that won't work.  Is there one at the crestview town centre or Florence Mall?  I could have swore there was one in crestview, but it's not comming up when I search locations....
    edited December 2011
    There isnt one in Crestview-- only merle Norman. Who is doing your hair? I know my cousin did my hair, but she knows how to apply false lashes as well as many other stylists due to their profession. You can purchase the black glue at Sally's to help as well. Just a thought.
  • edited December 2011
    only in Kenwood and ditto pp on not going to the counter.  Stopped by the MAC store prior to a work party and they were closing for a private event and referred me down to the counter in Macy's... to say I looked like I was in full drag is an understatement... :/
  • edited December 2011
    My sister is doing my hair, she works at a salon.  But she hasn't ever done eyelashes.  Hmm, Any other recomendations other than MAC even though I would really like to use them.
  • edited December 2011
    ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!GO AWAY!!!!!FYI, to knotties who haven't spent the past hour or so researching, this is the same stupid vendor!Here's a post calling her out as a vendor on the FL boards:[url]http://jacksonville.weddings.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62235034&forumid=70#[/url]
  • edited December 2011
    Are you talking about me?  I was just looking for advice!
  • edited December 2011
    Not at all ivory.  If you're a MUA vendor, you're doing about as poor of a job of it as I would be. ;)I'm talking to the VENDOR who posted right above me, istage2sellGo away vendor.
  • edited December 2011
    ETA:  Btw, I didn't mean that as a dig ivory.  I just meant that you're asking the same questions I was asking a year ago.  If we were MUAsm we would obviously know the answers to all the questions and wouldn't have to ask.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    MAC false eyelashes are awesome! If you have never worn them , go to a MAC counter and look at all their styles ... there are many lengths and textures. Ask them for a recommendation of a local make-up artist ...most good artist will include lashes in the bridal makeover, so write down your favorite pair(s) and call one! You will not regret the cost of a professional artist to make you and your bridal party look their best for all those smiles, hugs, toasts & pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards