Missouri-St Louis
Options

Officiant...

We are looking for any suggestions for an officiant for our wedding. We are not from St. Louis but currently live here and are getting married here! Looking for a non-denominational Christian service. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! Kristi

Re: Officiant...

• Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The gentleman we are using is someone that my Dad has been friends with for about ten years.  He is in his mid forties I would say?  He is an ordained minister and just does weddings for people that want a nice but not so formal wedding.  He charges (I believe, my Dad is taking care of that part LoL) $100 and will go wherever you are wanting to have your service.  He will not wear a suit!  He will wear slacks, a button down shirt and a tie and that is about as dressed up as he gets.  He is a superbly fun guy though!  If you would like me to ask him about doing your wedding, knowing the things I just mentioned, please let me know your date and I will ask him if he is available.   
  • Options
    aalvarez11506aalvarez11506 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could I also have the number of that man you are speaking of? I am interested in just that kind of person. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As pp stated Doug Robison comes very highly recommended. Also, Lamira Martin (yourweddingyourway.com) is supposed to be very good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using The Ethical Society.  I've witnessed a couple of weddings that they've done and I really liked the individuals (one male/one female).  You can google them to find out more information.  Good Luck! Melissa & Doug  7+3=10
  • Options
    eschlittlereschlittler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Doug Robinson! I loved the way him and his wife found a way to make my ceremony special.
  • Options
    kristi_lynnekristi_lynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice and suggestions! I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry that I didn't get back to you guys sooner.  I totally forgot to ask Roger until the day before our wedding if he minded me giving out his information.  He told me to go for it!!  He is so much fun.  Anyway, his name is Roger Hartmann.  His number is 618-977-5448.  That is his cell phone and he does keep it turned off during the day, so if it goes straight to voicemail don't panic!  He was SO awesome on our wedding Saturday.  We had several people ask if he had a church somewhere, he was just that much fun!  As you can probably tell, we highly recommend him.  LoL 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards