African American Weddings

Regular poster on the nest passed away

I read on another board that a regular poster on the Inland Empire board over on the Nest passed away during a c-section from something called amniotic embolism.  I've never heard of it before so I read up on it and apparently it's when fetal cells, hair, amniotic fluid or other debris gets into the mother's blood stream via the placenta and triggers an allergic reaction.  My heart really goes out to her family and her Nest friends.  I posted on there giving my thoughts and prayers. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Regular poster on the nest passed away

• edited December 2011
    I read that. It is truly sad indeed. Amniotic embolism is rare, but very scary and fatal. My heart goes out to them.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh wow that is so sad. I have heard of that condition before too but it is rare that it happens during child birth. I feel so bad for her family and friends. My prayers go out to her family and Nest friends also.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That is so sad. I think we (general society) sometimes forget that women can die during child birth because it's not so common anymore but I  think that it's more common than we realize. I send my prayers to her family
    Lovin Kimmie
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my word - I am soooo sorry to hear that. I have never been on the nest, but it is truly sad to hear something like that about anyone. I will also lift that family up in prayer.
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about a passing during the most precious moments a woman can experience in her life. I will keep mom/baby in my prayers!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    This is very sad.. My heart goes out to her family.I have never heard of amniotic embolism before.. I am reading up on it this morning...
  • edited December 2011
    This truly saddens me.... I pray that child will grow up in a loving home.. My deepest sympathies to the family.
  • edited December 2011
    I forgot to tell you guys the baby girl did survive, thank God.  Also one of the nesties is going to print out all the thoughts and prayers and is going to give them to the husband for his daughter someday.  They also set up a pay pal fund for her family.  My heart goes out to her husband.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    OmG thats terrible... my prayers are with them
  • edited December 2011
    Oh noooo...it's horrible that what is to be the happiest moment turns into the most tragic. Many prayers being sent.
  • edited December 2011
    That's so sad.  Sending her family and those close to her prayers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear this. My prayers are with her family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards