New York-Upstate

Reception Bands- Suggestions?

Does anyone have any suggestions for bands to play at the reception at a reasonable price in the Albany area? Thanks!

Re: Reception Bands- Suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    We are using Good for the Soul.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    we used TS Emsemble and they were fantastic!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about T.S. Ensemble. Is there price reasonable? I'll have to looking into Good for the Soul.
  • edited December 2011
    We booked in 2008 and were able to get the 2008 prices, it depends on what you think is reasonable. I believe ceremony + reception will run you around $4000 but we used different ceremony musicians and did not have the band for cocktail hour, it cost us $2950 I believe.
  • amaem80amaem80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard good and bad things about TS Ensemble. I am sure they are great performers but I believe I read a review on here from a bride that the contact was pushy. What I mean by that is that he was always calling - and when they told him that they were going with someone else - he said that she wasted her time. That would be the last thing I wanted when planning my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    yes I remember someone else posting that but that was the first and only time I heard such a comment. perhaps I got lucky or she got unlucky, who knows.
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously I think every wedding vendor we've talked to so far has been pushy (well with the exception of our photographer who we stalked and said "we want to book you NOW").  They want to make the sale but take your time and negotiate.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your suggestions... T.S Ensemble was booked but they recommended I try Grand Central Station. Anyone used them of heard feedback about them?
  • carpentabcarpentab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd also appreciate anyone's opinion about grand central station...They performed at my college back in 2007 and were great, but I haven't heard them since then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards