Wisconsin

Did you buy from Eva's bridal?

If you did, will you please tell me the designer/brand of your gown or bridesmaid dresses.  I saw a bridesmaid dress I liked there, but can't find it online because the possibilities are endless.  It would help my search if you could point out/name designers so I could focus on those sites.
Thanks!

Re: Did you buy from Eva's bridal?

• Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You could call and describe it to them and see if they could give you the designers name. Or go back and look on the tag. If it was one that was tryied on by your BP then it should be written on your card if you liked it

• rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Eva's rips tags and won't tell you designers until you buy.
  • kkos89kkos89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my gown from Eva's in June... It was a Mori Lee gown. I still have not recieved it grr...
    April 2012 September Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Most gowns take anywhere from 6-9 months to come in. Well at least thats what the bridal shops up here by GB tell their customers

• edited December 2011
    I ordered a Maggie Sottero dress from Eva's in August. It was called Pasadena. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a picture of it you can post? It's amazing how many people on TK can call out dress designer names just by looking at pictures!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    I wish... I forgot to snap some pics.  I will probably be going back though and will do so then!
  • Lyra1020Lyra1020 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know they have bridesmaid dresses from Bill Levkoff.
  • edited December 2011
    Just a head's up- they won't let you take pictures unless you've already bought the dress! Once you put down money- then you can snap all the pics you want.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    No.  I think tag ripping is kind of shady, and the sales lady proudly announced that they sell their Maggie Sotteros for less than the amount allowed by the company (she told me not to tell anyone because they could get the line yanked from their store!)  Plus, I felt like I was being herded around like cattle because they don't take appointments.  I glady paid the extra $90 for the extra attention & care I received at another salon.

They do have a bunch of photos of bridal gowns on their website - maybe see if the photo is on there, then post it on TK attire board to see if anyone can name the designer?
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My dres was a Marissa. I found it at a high-end bridal shop, then found it cheaper online and Eva's was able to match the price for me.
    Service was okay (the fitting sessions took forever) and had drama with my dress the week of my wedding. The tailor and the owner got into a fight, the tailor took my dress to her shop, and so I  had to go to her shop. Found out later, the tailor got fire and was suing the owner.

Good Luck!
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    edited December 2011

I found my dress at Eva's but didnt' buy it there because of the tag ripping. I figured out my designer--Mori Lee and bought it elsewhere too! Good luck.
    I was able to snap a photo in the dressing room with the flash off once the lady left for me to change dresses. Just make sure your camera or phone doesn't make a loud 'picture noise' and sneek a photo in the dressing room. Post it on theknot and I'll bet you'll find your BM dresses!!

image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    edited December 2011
    I went to Eva's on a Sunday (the one day they do appointments).  Still got NO help - it was by far the worst place I went to while llooking for my gown.  I got my Maggie at Savvy Bride in Brookfield and had a wonderful time working with everyone there.  They price match as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies - I was able to find it!  It was a Mori LeeLaughing
  • MegenQMegenQ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stopped in today to inquire about mother of the bride dresses for my mother, after waiting for about five minutes I decided to walk out. Someone came down the stairs and asked if I had an appointment, I stated that I did not. She then informed me that they always need an appointment to help anyone, I was the only person there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_did-buy-evas-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:aef84ed0-fdab-4693-98dd-b6c4edfaffb3Post:52e14658-1624-4e0e-bdde-2ff5fe0030a4">Re: Did you buy from Eva's bridal?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No.  I think tag ripping is kind of shady, and the sales lady proudly announced that they sell their Maggie Sotteros for less than the amount allowed by the company (she told me not to tell anyone because they could get the line yanked from their store!)  Plus, I felt like I was being herded around like cattle because they don't take appointments.  I glady paid the extra $90 for the extra attention & care I received at another salon. They do have a bunch of photos of bridal gowns on their website - maybe see if the photo is on there, then post it on TK attire board to see if anyone can name the designer?
    Posted by AurorasEnvy[/QUOTE]

I completly agree with this! My dress is Sottero Midgley Adore and when I was there trying on other gowns, before I decided on this one, they mentioned that to me as well, saying their prices are so much less but not to tell anyone. My FSIL then casually mentioned we had gone to Kay's in Wauwatosa for the Sottero Midgley dress and she came down over $200 if I bought the dress there. I said absolutely not and left. I then ordered my dress at Kay's and it happened to be in stock and I received it in 8 days! :) I had an AMAZING experience at Kay's, highly recommend them. They know what will look good on you, just by looking at your body type. Best experience I have ever had. Definitely worth the extra money. When i was telling them the story, they threw in a headpiece with my dress for coming back to them :)
  • dflawlesspairdflawlesspair member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't buy anything from Eva's. They have no idea what's going on and shady doesn't even cover it...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards