Ohio-Cincinnati

who to pick from Nancy's team?

I wanted to set up a trial with Nancy from Brideface but she's not available on a weekend until November. I want to do the trial on a weekend so that I can see how my face handles the make up over the course of a whole day. Waiting isn't a big deal for me but she suggested I could try one of her other artists earlier. Should I? How do I know which of them is best for me? I know that one of the other ladies who works for her does airbrush makeup too, should I try her? What I'm most concerned about in my look are fake eyelashes and eyeliner. I want my eyes to look exactly how I have it in mind, long and curled up eyelashes, longest on the outer corners. Who's the best for that?

Re: who to pick from Nancy's team?

• edited December 2011
    Hmmmm... Well, I would have said Nancy, but since she's not available...  I've heard great things about Mollie, but really, Nancy wouldn't let anyone work for her who wasn't up to Brideface's standards.  I'd email Nancy and let her know what your concerns are, and what type of look you're going for, and ask her to recommend someone for you.gl  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Mollie did half of my bridal party, and she did amazing things to them.  I was really impressed with her.  If she's available, I'd try her.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen Mollie's work on Nancy's blog and I do like the way she does eyes. If anyone else has reviews of Mollie, please let me know, I'm seriously considering her now.
  • edited December 2011
    I am working with Mollie for my wedding, but my makeup trial isn't until the end of October. I can let you know then how it goes! Eyes are super important for my makeup too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kris10, and we're using the same photographer. I think I might have my trial sooner if Mollie's available for it, but I'd still love to see your trial pics when you do yours.
  • EABinkholderEABinkholder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MOLLIE IS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! LOVE HER! she is so fun and does a fantastic job! No offense to Nancy because I LOVE her too, but I would pick Mollie in a heartbeat. I told her absolutely NOTHING when she was doing my makeup for my engagement pictures and she picked out the most perfect plum color to make my eyes POP! I also don't wear a lot of foundation ever because I don't like the way it feels on my face, but Mollie made my skin look so natural and it felt so nice and light! I have said in a previous post that I am weird about others doing my makeup (because I think I do a pretty nice job myself), but Mollie hit the nail on the head the first time! She only put a few lashes on me, but blended them into mine and made them look great! Let me know if you'd like to see photos. I have absolutely ZERO reservation in recommending Mollie for your makeup! SHE IS A+++++!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I love Todd's photography! I'm so excited about him! When is your wedding? Have you had your engagement pictures yet?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Kris10, my wedding is April 17, 2010. We're not doing engagement pics to save money. But I hope we can do an engagement style shoot on the wedding day, kind of more relaxed and less formal. Do you think he'd be ok with that? We booked him without even meeting him so I'm just hoping we hit it off on the wedding day. What's his directing style like, did he tell you what to do a lot when you did your e-pics? Is he open to input from you? Sorry about all the questions. I'm always so worried about offending vendors so I don't know how to approach asking him to do things he doesn't normally do or asking him not to do certain things he tends to do.
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mollie worked on my bridal party while nancy did me. It was great. THey are all very professional and do a great job. Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Todd is fabulous. He is such a fun person to be around, and he gives great direction. He is definitely open to suggestions, but ask him about the casual shoot on the wedding day, since it will take away time from actual wedding day stuff. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. How long did your engagement session take with Todd?
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IG: I had Jenny from BF do my day-of makeup. I was THRILLED with results. You can look at some teaser pics on Amanda Egan Photography's Facebook page (not yet posted on her blog).http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Louisville-KY-Cincinnati-OH/Amanda-Egan-Photography/95825494861?ref=nf
  • edited December 2011
    Stosha, your make up looks fantastic. I guess I should have waited to e-mail Nancy until I got more info. I asked for Mollie but turns out she's not available on my date. I already asked for the trial with Nancy so I guess Nancy it is for me. Not that I'm complaining. I love the cake and lanterns at your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, our engagement session lasted about an hour, to an hour and a half. And we had a blast the whole time! Good luck with all of this! You will love it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • stegmahrstegmahr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jenny and she did a great job! I had fake lsahes and they looked fantastic!! She also has a great personality!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards