Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

My Groom doesn't like cake

So my Groom doesn't like cake. He is more of a ice cream person, or cheese cake type of guy. So I was wondering what to do!? Maybe get a grooms cake of cheese cake? Any ideas

Re: My Groom doesn't like cake

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    That's a great idea.  Just a word of caution - you have to be very careful with cheesecakes at weddings.  They can only set out unrefrigerated for so long. I made the cheesecakes for my DD's wedding last May and they cut the cakes/cheesecakes during their cocktail hour so it could be plated and served as dessert.  No problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact, i just took one out of my oven a few minutes ago.  Yum
  • jennahugojennahugo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are right, groom's cake all the way. My fiance loves fruit filling in cake and i HATE it... so his groom's cake has passion fruit filling and the wedding cake has cream cheese :)
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is having his grooms cake as cheese cake. We are having 6 cheese cake. He is not a fan of cake but there are a few he will eat. I told him he has to suck it up and eat the cake when we do the cake cutting and he just said ok. lol.
    Photobucket imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin had a wedding cake that was just 3 types of cheesecake. It was really good.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thankyou for the great advice, Ladies! I'm going to my cake tasting in two weeks so I will talk to my baker of either incorpating a cheese cake or grooms cake. Still haven't made my mind up yet but at least I have a start! THANKYOU =D
  • edited December 2011
    My FI also hates cake so are having a cake made out of cheese for FI's groom's "cake". I think you should have something he likes:-) [img]http://www.houseofcheese.co.uk/acatalog/CakeXmed.jpg[/img]
  • LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Serve cheesecake or ice cream then. With the countless array of desserts to choose from, there is no law that says you have to serve cake for the groom's cake. A groom's cake may be traditional in some areas, but it's not required. When it is served, it is the groom's favorite dessert, whatever that may be.
  • danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had cheesecakes instead of wedding cake.  Pics in married bio.We got them at the Super Walmart bakery and they were awesome.  Only $120 for enough for 120 people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards