Florida-North Florida

Tallahassee Engagement Photo Ideas?

Hey FL Knotties! I'm trying to come up with some ideas for mine & my fiance's engagement shoot. We still have a couple of months until we'll be taking the pictures, but I'd kinda like to have an idea of what we can do. We'd like to do something fun (but not outrageous), cute, and also take some more traditional pictures too. We've got a couple of places in mind (Bradley's Retreat, Dorothy B. Oven Park, or the line-up of all the rusty old trucks), but any other suggestions would be good too. I'd like to avoid Maclay Gardens just because that is such a popular place for people to go for engagement photos. We're also trying to think of ideas that represent our lives/personalities too. Here's some quick info about us: I'm a future elementary school teacher and FH is a NASCAR mechanic. We're both pretty laid-back, go with the flow kind of people. Both of us like doing things like riding go-karts, road trips, eating ice cream, laughing (FH is hilarious), watching movies, fishing, goofing-off, and exploring new places and things to do. Our first kiss was outsides of a Wendy's in the parking lot; our first date was dinner at Taco Bell and then a movie. Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Re: Tallahassee Engagement Photo Ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Oh, here's the URL to our photographers' website: http://www.longsphotography.com This is their blog: http://www.longsphotographyblog.com
  • clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're willing to drive a little bit I think Pebble Hill Plantation would be gorgeous! I went and took pictures there for my photography class one time. There were so many neat places there. That's where we would have gone if we still lived in Tallahassee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'll look it up. I've heard it's very pretty out there. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! I just looked it up clseale and it's gorgeous. There are so many different parts to it too. I'll mention it to FH and see what he thinks.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm very jealous you're using Longs Photography.  I love them!We did ours on campus since that's where we met.  If you check out my bio, I have some on there under pictures.  There are many different locations that you can do them there.Bayhunter did some of hers at the railroad tracks and they came out awesome. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I love Long's Photography's work. When I first saw their website I immediately knew that was who I wanted to photograph our wedding. Alright, cool. I'll have to check your pictures out. I actually that about going to the railroad tracks at the old train station. I thought that might be fitting since we've been long-distance the past few years, but we never traveled to eachother by train though lol.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome! I think the important thing is to go to a place where there are a lot of options and to be up for anything and everything that your photog wants to do. That's what we did and I love our pics. Definitely do things that reflect your personality. If you have pets...take some w/them. There are a few of our pics in my bio...your eating ice cream comment made me think of them. Our photogs had us get a cone and do some pics w/it. It was a lot of fun. Good luck and welcome to the board!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Railroad pics turn out great! Our railroad series was some of my favorite pics.
  • edited December 2011
    I am an old Tallahassee knottie (got married in March).  We did our engagement pictures at Dorothy B. Oven park.  DH and I just did a TTD/glam session at Railroad Square art park and westcott fountain on FSU's campus.  I love the idea about the line-up of rusty trucks..that would be an awesome idea!You mentioned you FI is a NASCAR mechanic..that is neat!  DH and I are avid NASCAR fans and my first race was the spring race in Bristol 2 years ago! 
  • edited December 2011
    I think the trucks would be very fitting for us. I've seen a couple other people's engagement sessions at the same place and I really liked the look of it. It sounds like I've got a few different ideas to discuss with FH tonight. Yay! Yep, he's in charge of suspension for Jason Leffler's #38 car in the Nationwide Series. I don't know if you could really call either of us NASCAR "fans", but I think it's interesting now that I know more about it. My first NASCAR race (and only one so far) was the Memorial Day Race (Nationwide) last year at Charlotte. It was awesome! FH races Street Stock, and he's about to start on Late Models too, at local tracks up around Charlotte.
  • pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard a lot of girls do their pictures at Maclay. I am jealous you are using Longs. They were outside of our price range. We used Christie Meresse for our pictures and we did ours at St. George Island and they turned out gorgeous. You should also look into Golden Eagle. We are having our wedding there and it would be great for engagement pics.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, Long's Photography is the most expensive part of our wedding. I figured that if I was going to "splurge" on one thing for the wedding then it would definitely be photography. I love looking at pictures and knew that I wanted Long's once I saw the pictures on their website and blog. I hadn't thought of Golden Eagle. I'll have to check it out; I haven't been since high school, but I thought it was very pretty when I went there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards