Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Locations

Just out of curiosity...where is everyone getting married? We are newly engaged, and while the wedding isn't until March 2011, we still want to do a bit of research before we book anywhere. We don't want a church or stuffy ballroom and are looking for places pretty much anywhere in DFW that's reasonably priced. Thanks!!
image Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Locations

• edited December 2011
    Addison Event Centerif you google it, you are likely to find some bad reviews, but the people who were running it then, are no longer.
  • edited December 2011
    Old Red Courthouse (reception only)
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • edited December 2011
    however, we'll better be able to assist, if you tell us apporx how many guests and what you consider reasonably priced.
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and also how many ppl you're expecting. I'm getting married at The Filter Building on White Rock Lake (http://www.thefilterbuilding.com) and the venue will hold 200 if you have no dance floor, probably up to a max of 160 with dance floor.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, budget and guest number would help us out! I got married at The Wildwood Inn Bed and Breakfast in Denton.  It fits about 100-125 people.
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YWCA in Fort Worth. It holds 140 comfortably seated at ta bles, 175 seated without tables or like 220 or something standing. Also, the rental fee goes directly to their women programs after admin costs. So technically you can count it as a donation to a charity.And their ballroom is not stuffy at all! It's a historic building. For a friday night we are renting the great room and ballroom for 1800. I think it's 2000 or 2200 for a Saturday night. We also get access to it from 1pm to 1am, plus free photo session there and an hour for rehearsal the day before, the week or day of...whatever you decide to do. I have PIB of the great room and ballroom. Also a link to their website.GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at The Colleyville Center.
  • edited December 2011
    The Orion Ballroom Dallas.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having our ceremony & reception at Winfrey Point on White Rock Lake. Holds up to 250 people. Pictures are in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
    El Dorado Country Club in McKinney
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help, I just wanted to say welcome and congratulations!
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony at church, reception at Cityplace. I know it's all relative, bit I feel they are very reasonably priced compared to other Dallas venues we looked at.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    I didn't get married there, but I love Emyliana's pictures from La Cima.
  • danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the atruims at park west http://www.creativecuisinegroup.com/ very differnt than the traditional church or ballroom
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I can't help you either.  I'm fairly new here and we haven't booked a place yet.  But welcome and congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    To second Danielle, we looked at the Atrium's at Park West and loved it!  It is really unique and not stuffy at all!It was just a bit of a drive out of the way for both of our families so we went with another venue.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lakewood Theater in Dallas for ceremony and reception. Definitely unique. But I will say that the lady who runs the events does not like booking more than a year ahead of time. Don't ask me why, because I don't know. It's been a little strange.
  • MBain09MBain09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding/reception at La Cima
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I married at Christ Lutheran Church on Lovers Lane with myy reception following at The City Club - 69th floor of the green building in downtown Dallas. You can see for thirty miles. Watching the sun set and the lights of the city come on was amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    Ceremony & Reception at Corral Party Barn in Plano on 75. I also looked at Plano Center aqnd Chestnut Square in McKinney. You might also look into Austin Ranch, Eismann Center, Hilton Garden in on George Bush in Plano.
  • edited December 2011
    The Starlight Room in the West End of downtown-a little different, but not weird-and GREAT food!
  • dee4182dee4182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies, new to the board. What is relatively priced for approx 100 ppl? And has anyone been to or familiar with Piazza in the Village in Colleyville? Haven't been able to find any reviews. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    That's a fairly new place that is beyond outrageously priced.
  • edited December 2011
    That's a fairly new place that is beyond outrageously priced. Ditto.  I also think it's pretty over-rated. 
  • edited December 2011
    Green Oaks Chapel in Arlington - up to 160 guestsPizzaz in the Village is beautiful but it's crazy over priced!  They just filmed a "Platinum Wedding" if that helps at all.  I think they have a $20K food/bev. minimum for Saturday night.
  • dee4182dee4182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, yea so I see Piazzo is way overpriced. Should I even be paying attenting to theknot's $$ sign ratings on price? How accurate is it?I guess I'll stick with my original plan of having the ceremony in Plano. Can anyone recommend a good reception venue in Plano or Addison? I was going to check out a couple cc's in that area. Guest list should be between 75-100 ppl.
  • dee4182dee4182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and I would LIKE to spend between 7-8k on the reception - venue and food, and I dont know if that's reasonable or not? Am I totally niave on the costs involved?
  • edited December 2011
    that's totally do-able
  • edited December 2011
    I had my ceremony and reception at AEC. We had about 140ppl, so it may seem a little big with only 75 - 100 ppl
  • dee4182dee4182 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will prob be over 100 ppl but a lot of my guests are out of towners so not sure how many will actually show up yet. I would like a large dance floor, so I dont mind the room. I'm planning for Aug 2010 so I still have some time to make final arrangments. I will check out the AEC and see how that goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards