Texas-Austin

How rude!

I can't believe how rude some people are. I know you all said I should be prepared for it, but I guess I still wasn't ready for how many people would mess with my guest list. I can't believe people would just assume (most without even asking!) that they can bring a date (I don't CARE who you're dating this week - I don't bother to learn their names because it'll be someone new next week!). I even had this girl that I know, but have never really hung out with or anything, call and tell me that "Good news!" She'll be in town and can come to my wedding. I had to tell her that it's two weeks away and we've already given the caterer the final head count. I can't believe how rude people are. Just had to vent, sorry.

Re: How rude!

• audmaataudmaat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This + me being a pushover = bad news!When asked for cousin's addresses, my FMIL said "We'll just tell their mom to invite them - no one rsvps anymore."  Which sparked my first near-bridezilla moment. 
  • edited December 2011
    I hear ya - my FMIL refuses to give me #'s for how many children the people on her list have.  Even though I've explained that I'm putting on the invitations "__ # of seats reserved in your honor".  Even though I've asked multiple times.  She just keeps saying "they probably won't come anyway."  Grrrrrr......HOWEVER, I have to remember the times in high school or college that I tagged along with my parents to a wedding or two at the last minute, having absolutely NO idea how rude that is.  I think until you've helped plan a wedding, be it your own or someone else's, you really don't know how big of a deal it is.  No that that makes it any better, but I'm trying to be understanding.  Trying being the operative word.  :)Hang in there!!!  And it is totally okay to be bridezilla when it's justified.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • meganrosejmeganrosej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm like you, I was not expecting the rsvps to be as big of a pain as they ended up being.  I had one couple rsvp after the deadline, and add their 3 children on. I was about ready to explode, but then I found out they were my FMIL's  godchildren. Would have been nice to know that when I sent the invite out, so I could have included them on it.  I also still have two cousins who have not rsvp'd, one who is not returning my emails, and the other said he was a maybe.  So I've decided if they come they can just sit on the floor and eat scraps.  Do people really not realize that we have to pay for the food, and can't just add more the day of?Anyone else here watch How I Met Your Mother? They had an episode where the main character forgot to put his plus 1 on the rsvp, and then last minute assumed he could bring a date.  The bride of course, was very upset.  This episode should be required watching for all future wedding guests. 
  • edited December 2011
    Girl, this is just how things are. I cannot tell you how many times I questioned just how rude people can be. If it was not RSVPing at all, or canceling just a day before a wedding, it was always something. I even had someone ask to bring a guest, I begrudgingly said yes, paid for their meal and then the guest ended up not showing. Even if people rsvp, they still may not show up. Expect a few of those. It's all par for the course. I promise the day of, you won't even care. Have fun, don't stress. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards