Michigan-Detroit
Options

Average cost for candy buffet?

We are having around 200 people, about how much do you think we will spend on candy?TIA!

Re: Average cost for candy buffet?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about doing a candy buffet as well. I've tried to guess an approximate cost...and it came out to about 1000 for 150 people. (that includes, candy, buckets, and take out containers)  I'm hoping I'm way over estimating.
  • Options
    Jacks21583Jacks21583 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $1000.00 for candy! For only 150 people? If you divide that out that's over $6.50 per favor/person...I'm not doing a candy buffet, but I have to believe you're overestimating. By a lot.
  • Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto jacks. $1k is crazy. I spent around $350 for 200 people & had lots of leftovers. Most of our jars were borrowed, but still.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I spent around $130 on my containers, made a rule not to spend over $12 per any one container.  Worked on finding them for months at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Homegoods, etc.  For candy, we probably spent around $300 total for 160 guests.  We had some leftovers as well, not a lot but some.Take out containers, I can't remember, maybe $70ish? The overall cost wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I just started planning early and did my research so I wouldn't be paying through the nose.  I also decided to expand the colors of the candy that were included so I didn't have to special order too much and save money that way.It was worth it though.  People's reactions were priceless!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HeidiMarie95HeidiMarie95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It ends up being a lot more than you would think. Candy actually adds up really fast when you buy so much of it. I don't know for sure, but I think we spent $800-$1,000 on our buffet, and it was barely enough for 175 people! I am selling some candy buffet jars if you're interested, but I actually think the candy ended up costing more than the jars/tongs did.
  • Options
    npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spent about $600 total for 200 people and had a ton of candy leftover.  I spent abous $120 on containters.  $30 on candy bags.  And about $450 on candy from Gordons, CandyWarehouse, Sam's Club, and Meijer.  I started picking up candy earlier and just stored it in my basement.
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendors are not aloud to post here. I would suggest you remove your post ASAP.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha, and way to dig up a year old thread!
  • Options
    reginamgarzareginamgarza member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    where I live there are service places for the candy buffete and it ran about $400.00 for 150 people.  I am currently lloking into placces for my own wedding  as well so good luck and dont let them take you for a ride it should not cust more than $500.00 for a buffete....try looking at michigan wedding and candy buffete ...located in Troy Michigan and good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards