Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Is this possible?!? $5000 budget

I am getting married in October 2011 and I have a budget of $5000.
I'm looking to have my wedding and reception in the same venue.
I'm planning for 150 guests (maximum)

Does anyone know of any venues that do weddings and receptions that will fit into my $5000 budget? (this is the budget for the entire wedding, not just the ceremony and reception)

Re: Is this possible?!? $5000 budget

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, it would be tight, and I can't be helpful as far as reception venues, but I do think it can be done. Have you been over to the DIY board for ideas? I would definitely say you'll end up DIYing a lot.

My concern is 150 guests maximum. I think that if you had less people it will be easier to stick to your budget. Feeding that many guests alone would usually run you a couple of thousand dollars.

Also, a suggestion. If you are set on that many people you could do a cocktail reception, a "punch and cake" reception, etc, as long as you do not have your reception at a mealtime.

imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MeganJ26 sometimes posts here still. She was married in October, and now mostly posts on the Nestie board. Try paging her here and on that board. I think this was her budget for everything as well. Also, the DIY board will have a lot of ideas on things  you can do to save money.
    But to answer your question, YES! It can be done. GL!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can be   done look for venues that will let you bring in your own caterer and alcohol
    Roswell river landing is  one of them.good  luck with your search also check out the budget board.
  • Options
    jasmined31911jasmined31911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will be tough, but I think it could be done. I think your biggest expense will probably be food and the ceremony/reception site. I agree that a cake/punch reception will probably be best to help you stay in budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check Roswell River Landing, The Mary Gay House in Decatur, and The Douglasville Cultural Arts Center.  Also, Fridays and Sundays are usually cheaper than Saturdays, and Saturday mornings are usually cheaper than evenings.  You can do your own flowers (through Costco or Sams club, etc.), and cut costs on things like favors.  Another good idea that I've heard is to get a small, decorative cake for cutting, and keep sheet cakes in the back to feed the masses.  The Budget and DIY boards will have lots of tips for you.  GL!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look into the Dallas Civic Center, it's very cheap, maybe $600, and you can also have your ceremony in their theater, it's l ike $450? Then try catering through the Oakwood cafe. For a photographer, try Photos by Brooke. you can do it, but it will be tight.
  • Options
    dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have a friend or family member with a nice backyard, that could help too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We spent a total of $3000 on our wedding and it was awesome!!! The only thing is we had a guestlist of 75 and our venue held only 100 max. And no alcohol is allowed but, we had an after party at the club house in our apartment complex.
    We just had our wedding last week and it was at Lawrenceville Female Seminary.
    We had a restaurant cater our wedding, hired a DJ instead of live music, DIYed our flowers and decor.
    Instead of the traditional wedding cake, we had cupcakes and a 12 inch cake to cut.
    We bought everything online at www.tableclothsfactory.com and www.smartyhadaparty.com
    I bought my dress on Ebay but, make sure you buy it from a US seller and one of the top rated sellers.
    I also, have alot of stuff left over from my wedding that I am going to sell, PM me if you are interested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards