Ohio-Toledo
Options

Flowers

Has anyone used Bokay Boutique?  Please give me your review.

Re: Flowers

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of them, but I googled and found this if it helps.

http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/bokay-boutique-perrysburg/67ac2c10bf84576a.html
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Haven't heard of them either, but their package prices on their website look pretty good.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not used them and don't know anyone who has.
    But if you need flowers use Elizabeth at Enchanting Flowers.
    Her website is
    http://www.enchantingflowers.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im using Beautiful Blooms by Jen. Shes amazing and will set up your flowers to your pricing standards. I gave her a limit and she totally stuck to it. On top of that her blog at her website shows the wedding flowers shes done recently. She blogs them everyweek. Nice to see the finished product of someone elses wedding so you know what your going to be buying. Very professional, super nice.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_flowers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:e996c73e-fc35-4641-8c22-639510725312Post:9e2d14d7-4253-49d2-9b0e-fc2cc963fb92">Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone used Bokay Boutique?  Please give me your review.
    Posted by psoh[/QUOTE]

I do not recommend her -
    <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;">I went with Jamie from Bokay Boutique because I read she was flexible and affordable.  After all is said and done it was not worth the money I thought I was saving.</span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;"> </span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;">She works out of her home and is majorly over extended (she had 3 other weddings on my wedding day).</span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;"> </span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;">She called me with less than 30 minutes before I was walking down the aisle to ask if one of my bridesmaids would take her decorations home because the venue I choose would not allow her to leave her items there overnight.  She was aware of the need to pick up her items the evening of the event well ahead of time, but still pushed this request on me last minute.</span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:'Times New Roman','serif';color:#ff80bf;"> </span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;">Then there were no flower girl petals and again 30 minutes before I was walking down the aisle I had to disassemble my toss bouquet to use the petals for the flower girl basket.  She did not hand deliver the bridal bouquet of bridesmaid bouquets to us instead she left them at the reception hall for me and my bridal party to frantically try and track down minutes before the wedding.  Later on I found out that she did not even hand out or pin on the grooms and groomsmen boutonnieres.  The groom’s boutonniere was not different in any way from the other groomsmen (which is something we discussed) and the grandparents and mother and father on both sides were not given their boutonnieres or assisted in pinning them on either.</span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:'Times New Roman','serif';color:#ff80bf;"> </span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;">The lack of communication and the poor effort from this vendor was very disappointing.  I also had spoke with her about a few other things that didn’t play out like they should have, for example the center pieces were not nearly as large or as grand as we had discussed and they were missing one of the main elements to them, the crystals.  Luckily she was able to supply these to us last minute but not without a huge price increase due to what she claims was miss communication on my part.  She also complained to me about how tired she was since she had to do so many weddings that day and would come back out only after she ate dinner, with less than a half an hour to go before the wedding started.  Another disappointment was that my bouquet was supposed to have pearl pins throughout it and sadly it did not.<span>  </span>Lastly she claimed there would be extra flowers that she would be able to lay on the cake table instead of paying for an additional arrangement (she stated she always orders extra flowers in case something happens to some of them) and this too did not happen.</span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;"> </span></p> <p style="line-height:normal;background:none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;color:black;">While my husband and I were on our honeymoon she continually emailed me for the remaining balance for her time and gas to come back out and add crystals to the center pieces (an addition that I assumed was already included in the center piece as discussed during out consultation).  I just didn’t feel comfortable or special dealing with her on the wedding day and she defiantly did not go above and beyond for me.  I wouldn’t recommend her and in the future I would hire a professional who knows how to make a bride feel at ease on her wedding day rather than calling minutes before she is going to walk down the aisle to arrange for someone to take home her vases and such.  </span></p> <div style="border-width:medium medium 1pt;border-style:none none solid;border-color:-moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color windowtext;-moz-border-top-colors:none;-moz-border-right-colors:none;-moz-border-bottom-colors:none;-moz-border-left-colors:none;-moz-border-image:none;padding:0in 0in 1pt;"> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;text-align:center;line-height:normal;border:medium none;padding:0in;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-size:8pt;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';display:none;">Top of Form</span></p> </div> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:normal;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:12pt;font-family:'Times New Roman','serif';"> </span></p> <div style="border-right:medium none;border-width:1pt medium medium;border-style:solid none none;border-color:windowtext -moz-use-text-color -moz-use-text-color;-moz-border-top-colors:none;-moz-border-right-colors:none;-moz-border-bottom-colors:none;-moz-border-left-colors:none;-moz-border-image:none;padding:1pt 0in 0in;"> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;text-align:center;line-height:normal;border:medium none;padding:0in;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-size:8pt;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';display:none;">Bottom of Form</span></p> </div> <p class="MsoNormal"> </p>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://summit.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_flowers-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:e996c73e-fc35-4641-8c22-639510725312Post:9e2d14d7-4253-49d2-9b0e-fc2cc963fb92">Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone used Bokay Boutique?  Please give me your review.
    Posted by psoh[/QUOTE]

Think twice before using Bokay Boutique!! (owner, Jamie Venable). We went with BB upon recommendation from a friend. The owner, Jamie, was the person we worked with (It is my belief she is the solo florist at BB) Jamie and I had agreed on all of the flowers (we only used her to do our bouquets, bouts and corsages) days before the wedding in specific detail.. even exchanging photos so that there would be a clear understanding of what we wanted for our flower selections/design. What we received the day of our wedding was far from what was represented. She made my bouquet with dark pink poenies (I had specified the pale, pale pink ones). My bouquet looked like something a child would carry (color and size wise).. It was not much larger than a volleyball. For $140, i certainly expected better sizeability! My 2 attendants bouquets were brown and dying upon delivery (they primarily consisted of green hydrangeas). Last, 4 of the 6 bouts she made fell apart upon pinning them on (one was my husband to be's bout). By the time all of this happened, it was far too late to contact the owner to remedy our issues. A few days after the wedding, she made an offer of $55 of the total of nearly $400 (we requested a 50% refund) as and for compensation for the less than professional job she did on our flowers. She told us that that that was her "final offer" and that we would have to take her to court before a magistrate before she would negotiate more. No way it is worth the time, my energy, and any more of our money to get our point across. It appeared as though she had basically "given up" on our order (she had complained that she had 2 other weddings the same day as ours and that she had been up til 4am finishing up). My mother, sister and others commented at what a skimpy presentation the flowers were. She was fairly pleasant to work with in the planning phase but was an absolute nightmare to deal with when I confronted her with our complaints about her shoddy work. With all time and money that went into the planning and wedding itself, her work was the only (thank goodness) that was substandard. My husband and I are just not willing to continue to chase her anymore, or spend another single dollar, for what we feel would be fair compensation. Bad Karma, bokay boutique. Just beware... If people (myself and others) are spending time posting less than complimentary reviews that is a huge indicator! Jamie got off easy when we made the decision not to pursue a legal remedy (my husband and I are both self employed attorneys and know from experience who and what is worth pursuing and $500 isn't woth it) but one of these days she won't be so lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards