Wedding Etiquette Forum

I am apparently really excited about...

Halloween.  I just went out and rented Little Shop of Horrors which I haven't seen in years, and I bought Hocus Pocus, because it's like the best Halloween movie ever and I lost my old copy. What are some of your favorite Halloween movies? Or just movies you like to watch this time of year? I know this has been asked before, but you get bonus points if it's not a horror movie :)
Leo says hi. He's...special.
Married
Planning

Re: I am apparently really excited about...

• Nightmare Before Christmas. I also have the sound track, I love it.
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show :)I am now going to listen to the soundtrack on my way home...so thank you
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love Hocus Pocus.  My favorite that I haven't seen in years is The Worst Witch. 
  • H and I rented Homeward Bound the other day. Something about the animals running home through the forest always reminds me of fall and I love it. In terms of Halloween movies we always always have to watch Hocus Pocus.
  • Killer Klowns from Outer Space
  • Oooh I also love Nightmare Before Christmas, and I actually own that one! I watched it in July and H made fun of me :)I haven't seen Rocky Horror in a long time either, may have to rent that one next. I also love love love the Lost Boys.  Best vampire movie ever. Haven't seen that one in ages either.  Oh AND the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie.  Great terrible movie.
    Married
    Planning
  • My all time favorite is The Worst Witch that would come on HBO 10 times a day. I would watch it every time.  
  • I always end up pulling out Milo and Otis.  Probably for the same reason as M&M - it's fall and comforting.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh man, Cew, I had no idea it came on still!!  I'd get HBO just to watch it again!
  • I love Hocus Pocus! I was so excited when they started playing it on tv.SarieP  if you look up Worst Witch on Youtube the full movies comes up.  I love to search for movies from my childhood on it.
  • Aw, I love Milo & Otis!!! My sister, who is 20, used to be OBSESSED with Homeward Bound. We watched it a gazillion times. She also loved Prancer, and I've seen that more times than I care to remember.
  • aim that was a terrible thing to tell me! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow at work :)
  • awww Milo and Otis! oh man, Prancer?? Wow, now I am totally ready for Christmas.  
  • I'm really excited about halloween this year because I'm almost positive we're going to get lots of trick or treaters :).Movies: Rocky Horror, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (STFU, how can you NOT love the great pumpkin?), Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead 2, Halloween, The Witches of EastwickAnd as a bonus, I have to mention tv because I love the old Roseanne Halloween episodes and Simpsons Halloween episodes. It's the best holiday for TV.
  • Now I want to watch Prancer...it is one of the few movies that I went to see with just my dad.  I remember all of the movies that just dad and I went to because he worked so much he did not have a lot of time to do individualized activities with us.
  • lpstl, I forgot about the simpsons halloween episodes!
  • I love the Simpsons holiday episodes!
  • OMG, and Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin movie... How could I forget?
  • I'm really excited about halloween this year because I'm almost positive we're going to get lots of trick or treaters :).I'm so jealous :(  We don't get to be home or partying for our first halloween because of stupid BIL's stupid wedding in stupid St. Charles. We might put out a bowl of dum dums or something (so we won't lose that much money when the first kid takes the whole bowl) with a sign and leave the light on so we don't seem unfriendly.  Or maybe station my mom at our house to give out candy. Also, you're wrong, the best Halloween TV episodes are Home Improvement. Duh.  Remember when Tim had a fake stalker?
    Married
    Planning
  • Yeah, that sucks. I take it he's not having the coolest wedding ever like Bec is? I'm going to pretend you did not just say that Home Improvement is better than The Simpsons (although, lately, I definitely sympathize with the toolman).
  • I don't do anything for halloween except dress up if I have a good costume.  Although I was tempted to buy some little decorations for my front step the other day.  But resisted.  I am hoping by next year I will be ready to really really love and enjoy all holidays again.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I loved the Worst Witch when I was a kid! I just watched that recently. I forgot how awesome Tim Curry was in it. I was cracking up the entire time...awesome special affects!
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I'm on the Hocus Pocus love train as well.  I usually have a party every year, and we watch it. And Casper. The one with Devon Sawa as Casper at the end-b/c in 1995, when it came out, Devon Sawa was the hottest thing EVER. I'm such a nerd.I love the Saw movies.I also really enjoy all the horror flicks they show on tv randomly. I'll watch them all, it doesn't matter.
  • The Halloweens - 1, 2, 4, 5, H20The Friday the 13thsRomeros Zombie moviesThe Fogoriginal Texas ChainsawI could be here forever if I kept listing horror movies.I also love the classic ones AMC will show - Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.shoot; I watch these all year long!cew I read that book ages and ages ago - the movie was cute, but I so loved the book!!!!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Oh also Psycho and Carrie is a must for me!
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • And what would halloween be without:
  • Every time I watch Hocus Pocus I think to myself that Sarah Jessica Parker has the worst eyebrows, it is the first thing I see.
  • omg Devon Sawa was totally hot. I have Casper on VHS at my mom's house, I should go get it :)And I thought of another one, Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  But it has to be the original one, NOT the stupid remakes with Donald Sutherland or Nicole Kidman. I have a feeling I'm going to go on an AMC kick.
    Married
    Planning
  • I'm really excited about halloween this year because I'm almost positive we're going to get lots of trick or treaters :).lpstl, me too!! I was animatedly telling my husband last night how I'm going to decorate the front porch, and he thought it was funny. I'm staying home SPECIFICALLY for Trick or Treaters, so I will be so devestated if we don't get any!
  • LOVE Hocus Pocus, Casper and Witches of Eastwick! I was so scared people with kids would RSVP no to my wedding. I'm sorry you have to go to one you don't want to be at. I hope no one is being forced to go to mine. I'm upping my alcohol order right now to make it worth it, just in case!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards