Wedding Etiquette Forum

I am apparently really excited about...

2»

Re: I am apparently really excited about...

• Man, I wish we got trick-or-treaters! But I live in an apartment building with a lot of college and grad students, so I'll probably just hear my dumb neighbors partying.  BUT, I do get to go to a Halloween wedding with a reception at the Lemp Mansion (supposed to be a haunted house-I guess we'll see) where costumes are welcome. I'm pretty darn excited!
  • Ha no I'm not being forced to go, I just really love Halloween and we're not "allowed" to dress up.  I think I would enjoy a friend's wedding that day, it's just because it's DH's family and I wont' be able to really let loose all the way. And I'm also just sad because it will be our first holiday in our first house, and we can't really enjoy it at home. I know the wedding will be fun, I just wish they would embrace the Halloweenness more; they only picked the date because it was the only Saturday in October the venue had left. No fun :(  BUT, when my friends make fun of me for not being able to go out, I just keep saying "At least I get free booze!" :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • CENGLE!!!!!! My reception was at the Lemp Mansion!! It wasn't on Halloween, but you have no idea how jealous I am that you get to go there on that night.  It's listed in several places as one of the most haunted houses in the country. It's also a bed and breakfast, but DH refused to stay there the night of our wedding because of the haunting thing. It was even on the knot for Halloween weddings last year as one of the top 10 places :)  Is the wedding you're going to actually at the mansion/patio, or is it at the Grand Hall? The Grand Hall is actually down the street from the house, but you should check it out anyway!
    Married
    Planning
  • Tlv: the actual ceremony is in Tower Grove Park-Piper Palm House, I think.  I've never been to the Lemp Mansion before, and I am STOKED! I would like to get a room there, but I'm sure it's booked, plus we don't live that far away, so we can't really justify spending money for a room.  I'm really excited to get to wear a costume to the reception! I think we're just going to dress fancy, and I'm going to get a masquerade mask, and FI is getting a Phantom of the Opera mask. I have a feeling it's going to be an awesome wedding!
  • Seriously I am jealous. Our reception there was in June, so not very "haunty" feeling :)  She must have booked that place forever in advance to get it  when Halloween is on a Saturday.  They also do mystery dinner theaters and ghost tours and stuff, so I'm sure Patty and Mary, the owners, will be super busy that night!  Oh and the food is pretty good too, at least I thought so, so you'll have that to look forward to!
    Married
    Planning
  • I love Hocus Pocus. FI wants to live in Salem if we move to the Boston area (his hometown) because he says it's nice and fairly affordable.I always watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show too.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Yay! I'm so excited! Yeah, they've been engaged for forever and a day, so they probably booked a long time ago! We were roommates in college, and our dorm was Halloween all year round. I was not surprised at all that she's having a Halloween wedding! her invitations even had bats on them. 
  • I love Hocus Pocus and Casper! I also like watching The Frighteners and The Addams Family this time of year.I can't wait for Christmas and Elf! Will Farrell is one of my favorite comedians.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lots of them that have already been mentioned, and also The Halloween Tree. FI and I also just got Demon Knight.  I love the Simpsosn and Charlie Brown. Favorite scary movie- The Shining.
  • I love halloween! next to Christmas it's my favorite time of year!Roseanne and The Simpsons have the best Halloween episodesMovies I must watch (I have to start soon!)CarriePsychoRosemary's BabyScreamI'm a big wuss about scary movies, so those are pretty tame to me and I can handle them. =) I haven't seen the Nightmare Before Christmas in a long time, so I need to watch that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards