Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cookie Bar

So I wanted to do a cookie bar/buffet as the party favor for my wedding.  I'm getting married in Vegas and won't have access to an oven.  I looked into ordering cookies from bakeries in Vegas, but the price is more than I wanted to spend, and I really wanted to keep them homemade.  We are leaving on a Thursday, so I could bake them on Wednesday.  But how would I keep them fresh and  intact?  Or any other ideas on how to make this happen?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cookie Bar

• CaitlynmkCaitlynmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Pittsburgh, Cookie tables are a tradition! Most cookies can be made up to two months in advance and frozen until your wedding day. There is information about that on the Pittsburgh community page and you can probably google it to see which cookies can be frozen. Its definitely possible for you to have homemade cookies... just find out if your reception venue will hold them for you in their freezers until the day of. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't even think about asking the venue to hold them.  Good idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having a Pittsburgh cookie table at my Pittsburgh wedding, and like the previous poster said, cookies can be frozen in advance.  My mother and aunts are planning on making cookies in June/July for my beginning of Aug wedding.  If you google freezing cookies there is a lot of info on how to do it properly so they don't get freezer burnt.  Perhaps you have a friend or relative with a large chest freezer where you could store cookies for a month or so? 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • If you have a Costco or Sam's Club membership, it's good at any location. Maybe there is one near Vegas that someone can pick them up from, and have the venue put them out on the day of your wedding?
  • I am having a milk and cookie bar at mine - It is an option offered by the venue ... make sure it is ok to bring in outside food - we are not unless i can get a copy of the food license so no home made cookies for me - luckily the Inn is famous for there cookies and i was given a deal since i have a Thursday wedding :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards