Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Rain on your wedding day. How'd you handle it?

2»

Re: Rain on your wedding day. How'd you handle it?

• Options
    It rained on my wedding day. We were all at the salon getting our hair done and it started POURING down rain. I was kind of upset, but there was no sense in worrying about it because that wasn't going to make it stop.Anyway, we rounded up a few umbrellas and husteld in and out of our cars. I took my wedding gown to the church in the garment bag, and changed when I got there. And between all the girls, there was hair spray, curling irons, anything I could have needed to fix my hair. It was fine.By time the ceremony ended, it had stopped raining. We did take a few pictures outside even though it was wet. Just carfully hold your dress up, and gently arrange it on the ground for pictures. It was a little wet around the edges, but it was fine.
  • Options
    I would love it. I love the rain.
  • Options
    Late to the thread, but it poured the whole morning of my wedding and stormed off and on -- thankfully no real drops when I had to be outside post hair being done. I was a freakin' wreck for days leading up to the wedding watching the forecast and was terribly stressed. MOH and I picked up a lot of umbrellas two days before. We didn't even need them for function, but they provided some cute pics. Plus the puddles gave us some good shots too. [img]http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs112.snc1/4822_690099518013_14233525_40061860_121521_n.jpg[/img] [img]http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs112.snc1/4822_690099582883_14233525_40061869_3007576_n.jpg[/img] [img]http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs201.snc1/6824_713571250473_14233525_41165261_7685837_n.jpg[/img]
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Options
    We knew going in that there was a fairly large chance of rain. As long as it wasn't cold I thought I'd be ok. The day before was 40 degrees and rainy.So I wake up wedding day and it's nice and bright and sunny...and pouring. So we drive up to the site thinking we'll just have to do plan B. Well, it's not raining at the ceremony site! (Outdoor ceremony, indoor reception). So we set up everything for the outdoor ceremony.Naturally AS the doc is giving the signal to start, it starts to rain. So all the guests pick up their chairs and sprint to the porch (plan B). In all honesty, I did have a moment where I thought "wow..my pictures are going to suck..." because the entire reason I picked the venue was the outdoor view.But surprise surprise, ceremony concluded, rain went away and the sun came out. So we had an indoor ceremony, and outdoor reception. It then was 40 degrees and poured for the next week :)
  • Options
    It didn't rain for me, but I did plan ahead just in case and got super-cute umbrellas for myself and each of the girls, which would have also fit the groomsmen under for pics if necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards