Maryland
Options

Wedding dress rentals

Has anyone tried wedding dress rentals to cut costs? All the dresses I like are $1,000-2,000 and I can't justify spending that much on a dress I'm going to wear for a few hours. I found http://www.vncbridal.com/BridalGRental.html and it has good reviews. Has anyone gone there or rented their wedding dress?

Re: Wedding dress rentals

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing!  I just started my search so let me know if you find a local shop that works out.
  • Options
    gongmattosgongmattos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Nordstroms at Tysons Corner. It was a far drive, but they have SO many great dresses for budgeted prices. Mine costed $300 and its wonderful. Call and make an appointment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you found a location for their wedding section! I found dresses I liked on their website but would rather try the dresses on before buying. I couldn't find a location that had wedding dresses. Thanks for letting me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT use VNC Bridal unles you absolutely cannot find a cheap gown elsewhere and are willing to take a risk.  I rented from them and they almost ruined my entire wedding.  Every time I came in for my scheduled fitting they hadn't yet done anything, so I had no way of knowing in advance if the dress would be fitting right the week of the wedding.  Then the week of, they called me to let me know things were running late, so they wouldn't have my dress until Friday (wedding was Sunday).  When I came, the alterations had not been done correctly, and my dress didn't fit (it was way too long).  They were really nasty about it and I started crying, and the lady told me if I didn't stop crying she wouldn't help me.  Then she and the owner started talking about me in Spanish even though I was right there.  At the end of the day, my dress was still too long, so I kept tripping on it at the wedding and even fell once, and had a lot of trouble dancing.  I even missed my own bachelorette party Friday night because of how long I had to stay at the store to try to get things fixed.  They offered me no compensation for any of this whatsoever.  STAY AWAY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards