Maine
Options

Parent Gifts

I know this has been talked about before, but I was wondering what people were giving their parents/in-laws for gifts?  My time is running short very quickly and I need some ideas on things to buy.  Thank you!!

Re: Parent Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did two things for each set of parents:1) Each set of parents got the goblet from our wine ceremony that had their last names etched on them. These were custom-made from a local potter.2) We are using photos to make them each a photo book (Snapfish, maybe, like we did for our guestbook) from the wedding photos and maybe even some family/childhood photos with some quotations...
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine tickets to concerts/shows that they would like to see, and will be making a parent album for them once I get all my pictures back!
  • Options
    AngelSmittyAngelSmitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't...we plan on sending them a photo album though for X-mas.  My parents paid for the wedding and told me NOT to buy them anything, and DH's parents didn't contribute anything towards the wedding so he decided to just buy his dad something since his step-mom didn't even come.  I think he got him something personalized from Things Remembered (a pocket knife thing or a watch, I can't remember)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AngelSmittyAngelSmitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot...DH also bought my dad a pen holder in the shape of some golf thing (because they golf together) and I ended up picking mom up a bracelet while we were in Mexico....nothing was formally given out at our rehearsal dinner but we gave them the small things in private.  So funny, when I first read your post I was like "oh we didn't get them anything" then as I was typing I started remembering-sorry for the two posts!  That whole month was a blur!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom was the only parent involved for us.. we got her a nice saphire and diamond necklace and a photo album.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards