Latino Weddings

Father.Daughter Dance

Hi ladies what song are you using for the father/daughter dance?

Re: Father.Daughter Dance

• edited December 2011
    im using butterfly kisses by Bob Carlisie! its a beautiful song to do!!
  • jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I was about to make a post about this! I'm actually getting this weekend and I forgot about the father/daughter dance till now. I searched and found this song; Alejandro Jaén - Vals Para Una Noviahttp://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=0a66bcfI also thought of using my parents song, "Sabor a mi" but that's too weird.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh man, I have NO idea. For a while I thought about using "My Girl" because it's featured in "Father of the Bride" but like pp said ~ maybe too weird?? I went out to dinner with my papi's last night and I brought it up and all my dad said was, Oh yes it's very important. But then no suggestions! LOL. I guess we'll have to bring it up again before the DJ meeting... My sister took "Mi Nina Bonita" when she got married 4 yrs ago, darn her! That would have been perfecto.
  • Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like "Daughters" by John Mayer but i'm hoping it's not too cheesy?!
  • nicoleabrocknicoleabrock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad is surprising me so I don't know what song we are dancing to. My FI and his mom are dancing to Cien Anos by Pedro Infante because that was his late father's favorite song.  It's really beautiful!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • CITALAUNICACITALAUNICA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using I love her first - Heartland it's a beautiful song
  • edited December 2011
    I used What a wonderful World, it was a nice moment :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have been searching and searching w/out success. I thought I wanted "Y Quien es El" which Vicente Fernandez sang in a movie to his "step" daughter in the movie and I thought it applied to us since he basically brought me up like his own daughter. However, when I listened to Vals para una Novia..it seriously got me teary eyed. I see him as my dad and I know he sees me as his daughter - so the lyrics hit home with this one for sure. I can't wait to tell my mom.
  • edited December 2011
    laura, oh damn. I just YouTube'd it and I am crying buckets. That is DEFINITELY the song we're using. Wow. Yay for the boards!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    i got married a couple months ago and me and my dad danced to "Mi nina bonita" and it was a really nice song and i cried like a baby but so did everyone else. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards