Chinese Weddings
Options

Wearing something red in hair?

If you are changing into a red dress, at that point are you also going to put something red in your hair (i.e., a red flower, etc.)? My future mother in law mentioned tonight that lots of people do this, but I hadn't really thought about it. And now, of course, the wedding is less than two weeks away!

Re: Wearing something red in hair?

• Options
    StuffingStuffing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's required, but I did change my tierra into red hairpieces when I changed into the Chinese dress.  Then I kept it on for the evening dress since that was red as well.  I only thought to do it because they did it when we did our studio pictures.  I know one of my friends did, but I honestly don't remember looking to see if people changed their hair pieces when they changed their dresses!So, I'm sure you'll look gorgeous either way, so don't worry about it if it just adds more stress :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made a red fascinator for the traditional dress.[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/3794274521_6c88056fb7_m.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...forgot to mention it took me 10 minutes to make once I found the base comb.
  • Options
    amwot8amwot8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mom wanted me to put a flower in my hair after changing into my qwa, but since I hate wearing flowers, I didn't do it. I would do what feels comfortable for you, don't feel pressured to do something if you don't want to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also put a red flower attached to a haircomb when I changed into my qi pao during the reception. My mother really wanted me to wear one so she actually made one for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm.. Sorry this doesn't help with OP's question, but I thought to ask because I am curious.  What is the significance of having something red in your hair? Is it only for the bride?  I remember at some Chinese weddings, the female members of family (not sure which ones) all had a little red flower pin in their hair.  Is this the same thing?  Anyone can explain this to me? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually had mokara orchids in my hair all day.  They were maroon and yellow ones.  It was easier that way so I didn't have to keep taking things in and out of my hair.  I was afraid doing that would mess up my hair.
  • Options
    tohruchantohruchan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i wore gold accessories in my hair (my mom is really into bling) but i totally would've loved doing red flowers too.do it!and peachmango- welcome back!!!! dude i haven't seen you on the boards in forever- when i saw your post i thought..haven't i met her IRL? =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies. I found some red rose hairpins on Etsy.com. Hopefully they will arrive before the wedding. If not, then I just won't worry about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards