October 2014 Weddings

Colors

Im planning a 10/4/14 wedding and cannot decide on a color scheme. I keep flip-flopping between the reds oranges and brown that you think of when you think of fall and purple and yellow. And for the men either dark grey or black. Has anyone decided on colors yet?

Re: Colors

• I always knew one of my colors since I was in High School, and when I got engaged I decided onmy colors before we picked a date lol It was first May, but we just changed it recently to October. My colors are Blue, Black, and Silver. I am hoping that is okay for an October Wedding, but I think it works out well. :) I know we all like to go with the season, but I say go with what you want.
  • We picked Black, White, Orange. The groomsmen are wearing black white with orange rose boutonnieres. My bridesmaids are wearing black dresses and carrying orange flowered bouquets. I'm tying in Halloween colors since we are getting married 10/31/2014, but I'm making sure it looks elegant and not cheesy.
  • edited September 2012
    Our colors are going to be White, Purple, Black and Silver. We're getting married on 10/31/2014
  • We have the same wedding date! Im going with the reds, browns and oranges.
  • I've been thinking about going with the traditional fall colors or using white, red and brown.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • TC2BE2014TC2BE2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Hello,

My Fiance and I are getting Married on 10/04/2014 Are colors are Brown and blue. The dress i'm looking for is lace. With october you don't always have to stick with those oclors unless you want to my one friend got married october 9th and used egg plant which is a deep pretty purple. I wish you all the best withyoru plans.
  • Our wedding is also 10/4/14 :) Our colors are Red and Grey :) Sounds like everyone has choosen great colors!

Ticker id: 9BQs

Ticker id: UK1c
  • We have the same wedding date!  We're doing plum, burgundy and tangerine. :) I'm not sure if that's something you like, but we sure do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I'm also planning a 10/2014 wedding. Still have no exact date but I have always known my colors! They will be black, white, red and silver :
  • we are doing red black and white(resident evil game).
  • We have the same date!  It's my parent's anniversary :]

We are going to do jewel tone cool colors, emerald, sapphire, maybe a deep plum too, for our wedding. I love the fall season, but I am tired of seeing ORANGE for everything fall.

I think if you stick with a darker purple it would still stay with the fall colors, yellow/gold are always fall.
  • I have no idea what colors we're going to use yet since we just got engaged but since we want our date to be 10/31/14 my fmil keeps saying that we're going to have a black and orange wedding. I guess we'll see. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards