Asian Weddings
Options

filipeno finance and I am not

I neep help.  My finance is filipeno and I am not. He would like to wear the traditional barong as well as his groomsmen.  But I am not sure what I should have my dad wear to walk me down the aisle?  He is not filipeno, and I think it might look funny putting him in a barong, but he cant very well wear a suit either....... has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?? Please help!!

Thanks!

Re: filipeno finance and I am not

• Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, it's Filipino. You may want to know that for the future. 

Your dad should be fine wearing a tuxedo or suit. You are combining cultures so it is perfectly fine to mix up what the fathers wear. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you check with your dad?  Maybe he would like to embrace his future son-in-law's culture by wearing a barong as well?  Otherwise, he'll be fine wearing a tuxedo or suit... My husband and his groomsmen all wore tuxedos but both of our dads wore barongs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    maybe you can have your dad's necktie, bowtie or vest be made in the same or similar fabric to blend in with the Filipino attire. After all, you are tying two cultures together. :)
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with pp, just ask your dad and see what he prefers.  My dad (who is white) always wears a barong because he finds it more comfortable than a suit & tie, so he wore one to walk me down the aisle.  My husband did not wear a barong, he and his groomsmen wore tuxes, but we also had our ring bearer wear a barong. 

• Options
    dinnamingdinnaming member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Filipino and Fiance is not.  FI and his GM are wearing barongs.  His dad is wearing a suit.  
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards