Nebraska-Omaha

Mini Cake Centerpieces?

We are wanting to do mini cakes as our centerpieces. I was wondering if anyone has idea's on a great place that does beautiful cakes at a decent price? Has anyone ever tried this or what have you heard works?Thanks :)

Re: Mini Cake Centerpieces?

• daniellehaydaniellehay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girlfriend of mine did this for her wedding and her family made the cakes. They were smaller and easier to manage and frost and all that. They ended up saving a ton of money and it was a hit. You'd be able to rent mini cake stands or just fashion up stands like they did (I think they had boxes covered in fabric). Good luck however you decide to do this :)
  • edited December 2011
    I think this is a really cute idea...I am sure any local bakery could make the cakes for your, or maybe a family member could make them
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in 8 days yay! and yes this is what we are doing. This is what I have found. I am using Laurie from Hyvee on 108th and fort. I am not sure how many people you have coming ( I am at 300) and didnt think anyone could make that many but Laurie has made it work and I am so happy!5 flavors: White wedding, chocolate, turtle, carrot and red velvet. They will rotate on different tables.I think it is a great idea. I wish you all the best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    BTW... Im not sure when your wedding date is but if you would like me to send you pictures after the wedding just let me know. leecrystal08@yahoo.com    
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think it would be cute if you used cupcakes as your cake- you could use the cute cake stand and put like 8 cupcakes on each- shaped like a cake.  Cupcake Island has great cupcakes w/ great presentation too! Or you could do your own- they would be "easy" to do!
  • samandkaylasamandkayla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    leecrystalwed08, I would love to see pictures of your cakes! Hope your wedding was great :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards