Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Mini Cake Centerpieces?

We are wanting to do mini cakes as our centerpieces. I was wondering if anyone has idea's on a great place that does beautiful cakes at a decent price? Has anyone ever tried this or what have you heard works?Thanks :)

Re: Mini Cake Centerpieces?

• Options
    daniellehaydaniellehay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girlfriend of mine did this for her wedding and her family made the cakes. They were smaller and easier to manage and frost and all that. They ended up saving a ton of money and it was a hit. You'd be able to rent mini cake stands or just fashion up stands like they did (I think they had boxes covered in fabric). Good luck however you decide to do this :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think this is a really cute idea...I am sure any local bakery could make the cakes for your, or maybe a family member could make them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in 8 days yay! and yes this is what we are doing. This is what I have found. I am using Laurie from Hyvee on 108th and fort. I am not sure how many people you have coming ( I am at 300) and didnt think anyone could make that many but Laurie has made it work and I am so happy!5 flavors: White wedding, chocolate, turtle, carrot and red velvet. They will rotate on different tables.I think it is a great idea. I wish you all the best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW... Im not sure when your wedding date is but if you would like me to send you pictures after the wedding just let me know. leecrystal08@yahoo.com    
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be cute if you used cupcakes as your cake- you could use the cute cake stand and put like 8 cupcakes on each- shaped like a cake.  Cupcake Island has great cupcakes w/ great presentation too! Or you could do your own- they would be "easy" to do!
  • Options
    samandkaylasamandkayla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    leecrystalwed08, I would love to see pictures of your cakes! Hope your wedding was great :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards