New Mexico

Where NM Brides At?

2»

Re: Where NM Brides At?

• edited December 2011
    Oh Ok. Im new here so Im really not famliar with everything in Albuquerque. Well I've been here for 3 years but I dont know of too many places. Thanx tho, I might have to go and check that out!
  • edited December 2011
    lfraga, looks like you have the chapel right after us! our colors are pink, green and orange. just wondering if there would be a way for us to coordinate ceremony decorations, but i'm not sure. good luck with your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    JenGreigoI was wondering about decorating the chapel too. Especially since there was the whole list of do's and don'ts. I'm very excited about taking the wedding photos at UNM though. Should make for some beautiful photos at the duck pond and the Chapel. I think someone else had talked about getting their dress at Davids Bridal. Do you have to have an appointment? I've got some extra time on friday because my school is doing parent teacher conferences and I only have one scheduled that day. Trying to decide if any of the bridal shops in town would mind me just dropping by to look.
  • edited December 2011
    The only place I know of that doesnt require an appointment to try on dresses is I Do, I Do. All other places needed an appt. but you can go into any of them and look around.
  • edited December 2011
    Darlene's Bridal doesn't require appointments either.
  • edited December 2011
    I went dress shopping this weekend - I can't rave highly enough about Bridal Elegance by Darlene - she is super knowledgeable, encouraged me to take my time and come back with a digital camera to take photos and did not rush me in anyway.  In fact, she picked out a dress for me that might be "the one", just based on my style. Did not like Alfred Angelo, they were rude. Same with David's Bridal Demetrios was more salesy but I did find two dresses there that I adored.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the dress advice everyone. I have an appointment at Davids Bridal this week. We'll see if I find anything. My mom who is a seamstress  has offered to make the bridesmaids dresses, so that should make it easier.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I live in ABQ and we are getting married sometime in the fall of 2010. We are recently engaged and just started planning- it's all so overwhelming! All I know is that our colors are red and burnt orange with other fall colors like green, brown and yellow for accents. We have a smallish budget but a lot of guests so this creates a problem--I'm sure most brides face this problem. We would like an outdoor wedding. Tonight we are going to check out Hacienda Dona Andrea in Cerillos.
  • edited December 2011
    Another NM May 2010 bride here! For me is either May 1st or May 2nd, 2010 (depending if we win the Dream Wedding Contest), in Albuquerque. I admire you all because I am by all means behind the suggested to-do list on The Knot. Essentially I only got the videographer and the photographer booked. We are making our own STDs and invitations, I don't have the dress or my Love's tux yet, and nothing for the bridal party, but we do know what we want. In a nutshell we're just waiting to see what happens with the contest, but we already have a vision (in writing) and a structured "plan" for the super-fast wedding planning that we'll have to do if we don't win. Wish us luck! -T
    "My husband says I feed him like he's a god: every meal is a burnt offering." ~Rhonda Hansome
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Tania I wish you the best of luck! I hope you win the contest! I was just noticing that we have the same innitials! TnJ. My name is Tanya FI is Julian. LoL Well I wish you lots of luck again! Keep us up to date!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards