June 2012 Weddings

New puppy

I haven't had a puppy since i was a teenager but my fiance has always wanted a brindle colored boxer pup, he did not want a dog in the house though. Boxers are not big shedders which was what i was worried about. I firmly believe you can train them to stay off the furniture etc & won't have a problem. The way our house is we could not keep it outside all the time as we do not have a full fence. I found these puppies & i love one of them just by looking at it. 

I phoned today & it is my cousin who has these dogs, how ironic! Lmao. Isn't he cute?

Would be the brindle one on the right.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New puppy

• Cute!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • edited January 2012
    So adorable! And you can definitely train a dog not to get on furniture and such - mine is! Just takes persistence! :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • He is sooo cute!! I have a female brindle boxer, well a flashy brindle, they call it because she has lot of white markings. She will be 2 years old in May and she is the best dog! I love Boxers!
  • Love puppies! I allow our dog on the furniture (he's my baby) but FIs dad does not, so if FIs dad is any where near Jersey (my puppy) stays off. But as soon as he's gone, Jersey is back on the couch =)
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • So cute! 

I agree, you can definitely train a dog to not get on furniture. 
  • Aw, how adorable!!

You definitely can train them to stay off furniture, Fi's parents trained their dog  that the only furniture he can jump on is the bed and he knows that in other places from their house as well, including when he's at my parents house he knows even the bed is off limits.
  • Aww, so cute!! When my family got our dog we trained him not to jump on the couch, but we let him on the bed. Then my parents got him from sleeping on their bed by putting his doggie bed at the foot of their bed. Now he sleeps in his doggie bed in the dining room or, if me or my sister are home, on our beds. He does sneak onto this one chair in the living room at night, though...
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • we have no furniture so definately not gonna have him on the furniture. I like getting him at 6 weeks because we will really be the first ones to train him so it will all be on us. 
  • I want to snuggle them!!!!
  • edited January 2012
    I am a dog lover.... Congrats on the new addition.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • awwwwwwww soooo CUTE!!!  I'm jealous.  I want another dog!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
  • ADORABLE!!! I love dogs!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
  • Aww, I love boxers! (well all dogs for that matter!) It is definitely possible to train dogs to not get on furniture, and even to stay out of certain rooms.
  • So cute! I love puupies
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • awww!! puppies!!!!! i want to snuggle w/them :)
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • I meant new furniture not no furniture lol. He is sooooooo adorable, he loves his bed, loved his bath, goes pee on the puppy pad when i put him on it, let us clip his nails, ate like a champ, i had to remove the food dish lol. Good little puppy already, but he is tiny & does not like to be on the floor just yet, likes his blanket we gave him.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-puppy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:06a4fef7-b4fe-4a36-8a81-c3c9393ed4baPost:8e4cc832-bda0-409a-ad8f-88293385d0f3">Re: New puppy</a>:
    [QUOTE]we have no furniture so definately not gonna have him on the furniture. I like getting him at 6 weeks because we will really be the first ones to train him so it will all be on us. 
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

Puppies really shouldn't leave their mother before 8 weeks! 8 weeks is plenty young for you to form a special bond with the dog. We got one of our dogs (from the pound) at 7 weeks and the other at 3 months and they're both equally attached to us. The pound pup is a boxer mix and she's extremely intelligent and she was very easily trained. But she's also a ball of energy and needs long runs with FI a few times a week. She chewed up everything she could get her teeth on and tore up parts of our carpet, and even chewed up baseboards - so don't get discouraged! The damage she did to our old apartment probably cost us close to $500. She's much more calm than she was when she was little. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards