Not Engaged Yet

Furious.

Re: Furious.

• edited December 2011
    I think the guy is a *** if he goes ahead without her and leaves her by herself.Even though when he said "I don't want to go and make you drive down by yourself" she told him "too bad, it'll make me happier if you go"?Wow.  Harsh critic.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    jesus geldings.  I thought that at first too, but the guy is just trying to make his wife happy. I'm guessing he's not going to be having that much fun that first day anyway.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I think you're a *** for not understanding that he's making the best decision he can, considering his wife would feel WORSE if they BOTH missed out.Also for saying that thing I pointed out before.Also for telling someone in another thread that it must be that time of the month for her just 'cause she said you shouldn't be planning who walks you down the aisle when you're not engaged yet.So, I don't know exactly what "***" means, but I'll run with it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Geldings, if you're pissed about how well received your dress thread was, then have the balls to respond in that thread.  Don't make thinly veiled threats or snide remarks in *other* threads.  Passive aggressive much?
  • edited December 2011
    If they are both happy about their decision on the trip, than it's wonderful. All power to them, I'll send them my love. Bad situation to be in, in the first place. I'm sure they are going to make the best of it. As for my opinion? hey, if you didn't want it, then why post a thread in the first place? Cheers!
  • edited December 2011
    Noelle that was kinda my thinking too, but I didn't want to say it.  I have a feeling she's just going to disagree with me for the fun of it because you guys jumped on her for dress shopping/buying and not me.  Oh well.I can almost guarantee that I will never need medical help of any kind where you live.  But I can assure you that if it *does* happen and you choose not to help me because of some stupid grudge you have over an internet message board, then when I recover I will sue you.  And if I don't make it, I will make sure my estate sues you for wrongful death.  See?  I can make stupid threats that don't mean anything too.  Woo.
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Actually, now that you point it out, I didn't ask for opinions.  Ever.  I simply wanted to vent.  You chose to give your opinion.  And now everyone is choosing to disagree with it.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, Acro is a formidable legal power.SO THERE.Cheers!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know about formidable.  I'm usually a big pushover.  I don't know why I let this get to me.  Perhaps I should follow Mutley's lead and utilize the ignore feature.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Well, that would be the MATURE thing to do. But I'm mature in all the other aspects of my life. I don't want to be mature here. :(
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Jeana, I guess this is where we differ.  ::shrug::Oh, and you forgot this:::footstomp::   ;)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    What's this about the dress? what did I miss on that one?  Again(and I won't get into your rude comments about reading comprehension because obviously you guys have the same issue), this is merely my opinion and it has nothing to do with your agreeing or disagreeing with you guys. I posted it and left it at that, you folks chose to take it up a notch and drag this on.As for the dress comments? what? huh? I would love to hear what it is you guys are talking about because I'm outterly confused on that one.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, yeah! Thanks, Acro. What would I do without you?::foot stomp::
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously geldings? Did you forget about the thread that you made regarding the dress that you purchased before getting engaged and without trying it on?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • callalilly323callalilly323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I totally agree with geldings. I can't believe no one else does! You mean to tell me the guy couldn't wait ONE extra day to drive down? That's insane... Perhaps he doesn't get much vacation, but why can't he just take the day and sleep in/relax/pack/enjoy time at home while he's waiting for his wife to get back from work?If the guy doesn't get much vacation time, why wouldn't he want to spend it with her? ESPECIALLY if they didn't get a honeymoon? I don't think that has anything to do with being codependent... I could NEVER see my father doing that to my mother, nor could I leave my boyfriend in that situation and we certainly have our own interests separate from each other.As for your friend who told him to go on his own.. Don't you think she'd get over feeling bad when they got down there the next day and they could enjoy time together? OR why couldn't she just fly down there? It would be a one way ticket, and they're pretty cheap now...
  • edited December 2011
    *bang head on desk*You know, I think it's up to the two people involved whether him leaving or not is acceptable and if it will be a better decision than him waiting for her.Personally, I would like for my FI to stay and wait for me, but I would never be angry or upset with him if he did go. ESPECIALLY if I told him he should.Just because I have to miss a day of the only vacation I've had in a long time because my job SUCKS doesn't mean my FI should also have to miss out.Love isn't about giving up EVERYTHING for the other person. It's about making each other happy, and that goes both ways.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with whatever Acro and Jeana said. ;) I think that you guys are making the best of a crappy situation. Everyone involved knows it is not what was planned, but you are doing what needs to be done to have the best time possible. Once she gets down there, I am sure that the missed day will be made up tenfold. As for geldings... People always miss it and don't read when a post they made reaches 50 responses. And no one is going to muddy Acro's thread with your dress. Nothing deserves to even come close to that 'thing.' If you are peeved because of that thread, take it up there. Don't go attacking people and then feign ignorance. It suits you about as much as that dress does a goat. Back to our regularly scheduled programming... Acro's friend's work sucks monkey balls.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I totally agree with geldings. I can't believe no one else does! You mean to tell me the guy couldn't wait ONE extra day to drive down? He gladly would.  His WIFE told him that she didn't want him to.That's insane... Perhaps he doesn't get much vacation, but why can't he just take the day and sleep in/relax/pack/enjoy time at home while he's waiting for his wife to get back from work?Because she told him that's not what she wanted.  He's trying to do what she's asked and make her happy.If the guy doesn't get much vacation time, why wouldn't he want to spend it with her? He does.ESPECIALLY if they didn't get a honeymoon? He does.I don't think that has anything to do with being codependent... You're right, it doesn't.I could NEVER see my father doing that to my mother, nor could I leave my boyfriend in that situation and we certainly have our own interests separate from each other.If you can't imagine it, then that sucks for you.  I guess next time your BF tells you to go have fun without him because he's busy, you'll tell him you'd rather mope around the house waiting for him to get unbusy before you have a good time, and if it makes him sad to see you moping, then he can just deal with it!As for your friend who told him to go on his own.. Don't you think she'd get over feeling bad when they got down there the next day and they could enjoy time together? I know my friend, and no, she would not get over it.  She wants her husband to enjoy his time off, even if she can't be there.  I don't know *why* this is so hard for people to grasp, but after this I am DONE explaining it.OR why couldn't she just fly down there? It would be a one way ticket, and they're pretty cheap now... If by cheap you mean $189 (because that's the lowest we've found between her city and Orlando), then yes, I guess that's cheap.  To You.  NOT to a couple who just spent $400 to go on a vacation, bought a house that they now have to fix up while they continue to pay rent on their current apartment, and have two infant children to clothe, feed, and care for.  They simply can't afford it.  If you would like to donate the money so they can, I will gladly set up a PayPal account for you to send money to.Goodness.On the bright side, her work still sucks, but Disney does not!  One of the things she was most looking forward to doing out of the whole vacation was supposed to be on the day she was going to miss, but I called Disney and explained her situation, and they let us switch our tickets to the next night for the Halloween party.  So she's super excited that she still gets to go to that.  So in the end, not a *total* loss, which is good.  Of course, things could always be better, but gotta look for the silver lining.  :)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Acro-- it rocks that Disney rocks. I'm glad they could swap things around. Now she'll get to do what she was really looking forward to, and the rest of you can do other things before she gets there.Also, I agree, $189 is not cheap. I don't have any kids, but I do have two cats to feed!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, I spent a long time re-working our schedule, and we have it worked right now so that all the stuff her husband really wanted to do, but she wasn't too excited about, we're going to do with him that first day.  :)And yea, I told her I'd give her the money for the plane ticket about 4 hours before BF came in and said the leak had cracked the wall and ceiling and the carpet was molding.  So we can't afford to help her out there either.I promise I'm a really nice person.  I just get VERY defensive when people talk sh!t about my friends.  I'm seriously considering deleting this whole thread because it makes me angry to even read it.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I wouldn't get angry. Just laugh because you don't even know what Geldings was trying to call him. How bad can "***" be, anyway?Those of us that are rational, sane people seem to agree with you and feel for your friends. So, look on the bright side there.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, and your friend got called a "hoser." How often does THAT happen to him? I bet not very often. I'd laugh if somebody called me a hoser. I'd be all "WTF is that, anyway? A fire hose operator? What?"Like ho-hose me-hose-ho-hose me down!(I think you'd have to be familiar with Coach Z on homestarrunner.com to get that. Sorry.)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If you would like to donate the money so they can, I will gladly set up a PayPal account for you to send money to.BWAHAHAHAHA.  Awesome Acro.Seriously, people? How many times does Acro need to explain this for you to realize that the couple is doing what they can to make the best of the situation as THEY see fit.  Not as YOU see fit.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just didn't understand why someone wouldn't wait one extra day, irregardless of what their significant other said. But you're right, to each his own. Glad it all worked out in the end. Sorry if I offended.
  • edited December 2011
    It's ok Calla.  I didn't mean to snap at you.  I've just been arguing about on here with Geldings to the point where I just snapped.  Thanks for apologizing.  Friends?  :)
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    As for geldings... People always miss it and don't read when a post they made reaches 50 responses. And no one is going to muddy Acro's thread with your dress. Nothing deserves to even come close to that 'thing.' If you are peeved because of that thread, take it up there. Don't go attacking people and then feign ignorance. It suits you about as much as that dress does a goat. *I still don't get this dress thing...for starters it has nothing to do with this thread, so I don't know why you would be bored enough to bring this up in here, second WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BE MAD ABOUT?? I never got where that came from. No clue whatsoever.I'm impressed as to how far this thread went! not bad, and it just keeps on coming. Glad I'm wasting my time on this while I'm at work.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for the double post, but Acro I simply posted what I thought about the situation. It wasn't meant to make you upset or make you "snap". You should never take anything on here personally, read it, disagree or agree with it and move on.A lot of the regulars decided to take my opinion and carry it up to 50 replies, why? they must have been very bored with nothing else better to do and I guess they decided "my2geldings" was important enough to come spend so many responses on here. All the power to everyone. Give yourselves a pat on the back.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutelyyyy :) I completely understand defending close friends (and also that you weren't necessarily asking for opinions.. just support.. my bad).
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, I tend to take it personally when someone tells me that because of something I said on an internet message board they'd rather just watch me die than help me if the chance ever came to them.Don't you guys have to take some form of the Hippocratic Oath?  I know an EMT is not a doctor/nurse, and I know you're in Canada and I'm not sure what the laws are there for medical professionals, but I would think the general principles still apply.And in case, for whatever reason, you aren't kidding . . . the dress thing that everyone is talking about is your "So...I cheated" thread from a few days ago.  But I'm willing to bet you already knew that.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    And if you feel like you're wasting your time here, then stop responding.  I'm sure the girls on the other forum you frequent would love to further discuss with you how you took your BF in for blood typing so you could make sure that with any future pregnancies you have you won't have to worry about Rh stuff.  Because I'm sure that had to be done now, instead of when you're engaged.  Or married.  Or TTC.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards