Favors

Best Favor Ideas!!!!

What are your best favor ideas?! I'm having a hard time deciding on what I want to do for mine!!! I don't want to spend a lot of money for favors that people are just going to pick at and leave on the table. Any bad/good experience with yours?!Thanks in advance!!!
"Love isn?t finding someone you can live with, its finding someone you can?t live without." wedding planning guide Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Best Favor Ideas!!!!

• edited December 2011
    There are sooo many options to choose from... do you have a theme to your wedding?  I would start there... if not then a real popular and fun favor are matchboxes tied with sparklers.  Yeah it's a fun activity at the reception and you will get a great pic out of it.  Also, FavorsbyLisa.com offers this item as a kit and you just tie them together when they arrive.  Or their Plantable Peom favors.  There are a few varieties to choose from or you can opt to have them customized with a a wedding logo or something.... go to her site.  I like it the best.
  • jordanwells21jordanwells21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!! I'll have to check that out. And no I really don't have a theme...at least not yet....Im just looking for an idea that will just POP out at me and that I'll love. Thanks again!
    "Love isn?t finding someone you can live with, its finding someone you can?t live without." wedding planning guide Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi - I'm going with photo favors. I'm having a separate photographer come in and take a photo of each couple/family/person during the cocktail hour and into the beginning of the reception. Then, he will print the pics and put them out for display so that the guests can pick them up. All of the pics will be on-line the next day for anyone to view and I get a CD with all of the pics and I'll be able to re-print as many copies as I want!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm considering having a dessert bar (empanadas, macarons, mini-cupcakes, etc) towards the end of our reception, with take-away boxes done in our wedding colors and monogram. That way, our family and friends can customize their favors to their tastes, instead of receiving something generic.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • edited December 2011
    one word---CANDY!!! our centerpieces will be a cake stand with candy on top and candy apples on dishes beside those, All will be homemade and is FMIL specialty.
    ~yovey~ BabyName Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a winter wedding, using Christmas ball ornamnents in our centerpiece. We decided to tie that theme into our favors and are making homemade popcorn balls (a family Christmas tradition) to set at each place setting.If we have tons left over we'll just take them home and munch on them. lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing shot glasses.  I went to a wedding were they gave them out and it was a great hit even if you don't drink its a nice collectible from the wedding. I got them custom made with our names and date on them and they came out great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Here is a post I found where people posted the worse favor they have ever received:

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/worst-favors-youve-ever-received-6

from reading it, it seems edible favors are usually what people like best.

I'm still trying to decide what to do for mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards