Students

1/2 way through school today and new to the site :)

Hi all! I just wrapped up my first year of xray school today and am super excited to almost be done! My wedding is in may, almost 2 months before i graduate and 1 month before I take the registry (going to be busy!) So I thought i'd introduce myself and see how much longer you all have in school and when your weddings are. 

Re: 1/2 way through school today and new to the site :)

• Congrats!  I have 9 months and 3 weeks left until graduation, based on my little calendar, and then I get married 2 weeks and 1 day later.  I'm actually graduating a year early, since I couldn't justify taking out loans to pay for classes I didn't need.  

I feel like weddings always seem to occur when something else is going on.  My wedding is in May as well, and we'll then graduate and move to wherever my FI gets accepted into PA school.  What date is your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_12-way-through-school-today-and-new-to-the-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:fd70bcdc-5b88-45a3-859d-a918cdba6a93Post:e828f4d6-e435-4163-aa4d-e01ec555c51c">Re: 1/2 way through school today and new to the site :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  I have 9 months and 3 weeks left until graduation, based on my little calendar, and then I get married 2 weeks and 1 day later.  I'm actually graduating a year early, since I couldn't justify taking out loans to pay for classes I didn't need.   I feel like weddings always seem to occur when something else is going on.  My wedding is in May as well, and we'll then graduate and move to wherever my FI gets accepted into PA school.  What date is your wedding?
    Posted by Annas2013[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, graduating, getting married and moving. You'll be super busy! Our date is May 11th. It's a really simple wedding so it's been fun to plan so far. When is yours? What are you going to school for?</div>
  • I'm currently a psychology major with a business administration minor.  After I work for a few years for the experience, I wanna go back and get my MBA.  

My FI and I will both graduate May 10th, and our wedding is May 25th.  

How long have you and your FI been engaged?
  • Psych is very cool. I've always been fascinated by it but I'm loving the medical field. We went for May 25 but our venue didn't allow events before Memorial Day. We have been engaged since January and just started planning a couple of weeks ago. How about you guys?
  • We were going to have a July wedding, but South Carolina is too hot in late July for an outdoor ceremony.  At least for me.  

The positive of your date is you have less time to wait than I do for the wedding to get here, which is super lucky.  

We've been engaged since last Christmas Day.  We didn't really start planning until this summer though.  There was too much going on with school at the time.
  • I'm heading into my 2nd year of nursing school in September (this is school round 2 for me) and my wedding is Oct 6th.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Yeah that sounds like it would be hot! How cute to have a christmas day proposal, was the ring wrapped like a present?

How are you liking nursing school? Your wedding is so soon, how's the planning going?
  • I have 9 months and 3 weeks I think. Look at my first ticker. I will graduate May 11 with a dual degree all level special ed and general Ed early childhood through 6 grade. That's when I get to start making plans. Still debating on going to grad school right away.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i will be in the entering my second year of medical school so about 3 years of medical school plus 4-8 years of specialties

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards