Maine

help! dress second thoughts! PIP

Hey ladies,So, I bought my dress like a year before the wedding date, after going to David's Bridal twice and trying a bunch on. I was really happy with it, and everyone seemed to like it. But maybe I've been watching too much Say Yes to the Dress or something, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about it! I've got pics of me wearing it in my bio, so you can check them out.I guess I feel like it doesn't make me look as tall and slender as I would want. I'm worried it accentuates too much my hourglass shape. I've been comparing it to another dress I tried on, and now I'm kind of wishing I'd bought it instead. I'm going to try and post a pic of me wearing it: [img]http://images2c.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp536%3A8%3Enu%3D3364%3E88%3A%3E3%3B8%3EWSNRCG%3D335497%3A982336nu0mrj[/img] Should I stick with the one I have, or do you like the one above better?Returning the dress I bought isn't an option, and I don't really want to try and sell it and buy another one, because I doubt I can actually sell it for what I paid for it. But maybe I should? Or maybe I just need some ideas for how to wear and accessorize the dress I have so I feel happy. I've been thinking maybe I should get a petticoat for it -- what do you think? Also, I can wear it strapless or with straps, and I can't decide which one is best. Anyone want to chime in? Eek sorry for the mini freakout. Thanks so much!
Anniversary

Re: help! dress second thoughts! PIP

• edited December 2011
    My thoughts are that the dress in this post isn't different enough from your dress to put yourself through the hassle of selling one dress and buying another.  I think your original dress is beautiful, and an hourglass figure is a good thing.I think you also need to be sure that your dress is the right dress, and unfortunately, much like finding the right man, finding the right dress is something only you can decide for yourself.  Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    You sound just like I did about 2 months before my wedding!! I had the same feeling, I loved the dress I had, but tried it on a couple times a week and it lost that feeling of being "the one" I ended up getting a different dress, and couldn't be happier that I did.That being said, you're the only one who can make this decision. You have 8 months to go, do you see yourself changing your mind again in that time? Both gowns are lovely, and either way you'll look fantastic. Just go with your gut, GL!!
  • thengaisthengais member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dress you have is absolutely lovely. In my opinion, it is much better than the second one. It looks great on you, with straps or without.Ultimately it is solely your decision. It's all about how you feel in the dress. If you feel good, you'll look good. Maybe I've been watching too many bridal shows on TV, but that's just how I see it.Good luck in making your decision.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! After I posted this, I tried the dress on with some shoes, jewelry, etc, and I felt happy about it again! And I took some updated pics, so I can just look at those when I feel doubtful and remind myself that I do like the way it looks. (I locked FI out of the bedroom, and he was like, "Why do you have to put it on all the time??" haha! I was like, "You don't get it...").I think I need to stop looking at pics of the other dresses I didn't pick and focus on what I have, at least for now! I do have over 8 months, so if I end up deciding it's not the one, I still have time to do a switch. I also just last night got my aunt's veil she's letting me borrow, so I think once I put it all together, it will make me excited.Anyways, once I upload the updated pics, I'll post them! Still trying to decide straps or no straps, so any opinions would be great!Thanks again!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm jumping in late here but just wanted to say you look beautiful in either dress! Good luck figuring out which dress is the one, for sure. Your idea of trying it on with accessories was a good one--they can make a huge difference. As for the first dress, it looks good with straps or without but I think prefer the strapless. I normally hate strapless dresses but this one is very flattering on you!
  • thengaisthengais member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad that you're happy with your dress again!I have read that once you find your dress, you should stop looking at dresses because (like what happened to you) you second guess your choice. And I've also read that you shouldn't wear your dress too often because it could make you tired of it.I'd probably be one of the people that wore the dress too much. lol.I hope you don't change your mind. The dress is beautiful and you look great in it.I think strapless looks best on you. Though both ways look good.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I know, I need to stop looking at pics of other ones and stop watching Say Yes to the Dress! :)I still haven't decided about strapless or not, but I appreciate the input! I'll have to tally the votes.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree, the dress is stunning and you look fantastic, tall and slender in it, so stop stressing! Besides, I think it's probably just the fact that one dreams about this day their entire lives and once it transforms from fantasy to reality, (and you watch a few episodes of Platinum Weddings) you start to feel like you're going to be majorly depressed if you have an epiphany on the big day about something you should have done differently. So, my advice is, stick with the dress, and stop looking through other ones and trying it on all the time. The more you wear and look at it, the less it is going to feel special and beautiful and unique on the big day! congrats and enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards