Catholic Weddings

When to offer flowers to the Blessed Mother

Hello...My fiance and I would love to present flowers to the Blessed Mother during our wedding ceremony, but we are not sure when the flowers are typically offered? Is it after when the rings are exchanged? Thanks! PS i am new to this board and All i can say is .... Wow! what a great help this is!

Re: When to offer flowers to the Blessed Mother

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    after the intercessions before the offeratory- in the same spot where you would say the Hail Mary in regular mass.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    There's a spot for the Hail Mary in a regular Mass?  I've never seen that before.Our priest suggested presenting flowers after communion, and that's what we ended up doing.
    edited December 2011
    After the intercessions, my priest usually says something like, "We ask all this through our Blessed Mother as we say...."
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your help!
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, there is a spot for the hail mary.  it is said at every mass at my church back home, although i find most skip it these days.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not saying putting the Hail Mary there is a bad thing -- I've just never seen it, and in the past 5 years I've lived in 5 different dioceses across the US and attended at least 15 churches.  So I was just a little perplexed.After seeing the response earlier this morning, I googled it and found out that the liturgical rubrics say that the priest should say a closing prayer after the General Intercessions, but doesn't say what that prayer has to be.  So apparently many priests include a Hail Mary there, it's just that none of the churches I've been at have ever done that.  I learn something new about the Church every day.  :)
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard the Hail Mary recited during a Mass, unless it was a Marian feast day or something. Just curious, are you girls attending churches where Mary is the patron saint? My parish is Saint Michael's and years ago the priest used to have us recite the Saint Michael the Archangel prayer before the end of each Mass.
    edited December 2011
    Yes- my parish is Our Lady of the Assumption.
    edited December 2011
    But we also say the St. Michael at the end of mass.
  • edited December 2011
    My church back home is St. John's and we would say it now and then with our old priest, but I guess they new guy says it at every mass. I think it depends on the priest and their relationship with the Blessed Mother.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our church back home is our lady queen of peace... so yes i guess so. the priest is just very traditional and a bit long-winded and likes to throw in as much prayer as possible.
  • edited December 2011
    In our parish, any devotions to the Blessed Mother take place right before the final blessing.Kathleen
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Notre Dame (Our Mother). Its alll about Mary, but even they don't do a Hail Mary. Interesting. I didn't realize some churches do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards