Moms and Maids

My kids are SOOO boring!

Had our annual orchard day yesterday with my 2 oldest DDs and their kids.  DS and his BFF are there too.The 5 bigger g'kids get their faces painted and we go play.  You can play and have a blast at this place for hours.13 mo old Sophia didn't get her face painted so I took her over there and while we were at it I also got my face painted (pink dot on my nose and whiskers) too.  Matched the 2 youngest g'dd's.I'm walking back over to the family and I see my DD's who see me at the same time.  I can read one DD's lips as she says "OH EM GEE.....LOOK AT YOUR MOTHER!".May I just say my g'kids think I'm exceedingly cool and much more fun than their mothers......DS wouldn't go in the grocery with me on the way home either.  Boring kids I tell ya.How was everyone else's weekend?

Re: My kids are SOOO boring!

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were at Stone Mountain Highland Games all weekend.  DH was spectatcularly handsome in his kilts, as always.  He is so funny.  When we first met, I had a list of things that I wanted in a man.  Last on the list of 10 things was "willing to wear a kilt."  When I asked him about it, he scoffed and said "oh, I won't do that!  I'm not even Scottish!"  Ok, so now he has 4 kilts, and he LOOKS for excuses to wear them.    I have only 3 kilted skirts.  And I'm the Scottish one!  How did that happen? Anyway, the weather was hideous, but we had fun anyway.  His mom was with us, and never had been to a games, so she had a great time watching the Heavy Athletics, the sheepherding, Highland Cows, etc. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, kmm. Isn't part of the fun of being a parent......being able to embarrass your children? Hooray for you for having fun, whimsy, and laughter in your life!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Oh HECK yeah!  I've been embarrassing Heather for YEARS!!!  I have a series of books I read by Jill Conner Browne, the Sweet Potato Queen.  In one, she wrote about disciplining her daughter.  She said she never had to resort to violence.  She would just kneel down by her and in a quiet voice say, "if you do not stop right this instant, I am going to do something so embarrassing that it may well scar you for life."  Since her daughter had seen her do everyday embarrassing things her whole life, the idea of something even worse was enough to keep her in line throughout her childhood!That's always been my goal :)
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live by the SPQ books. But I'm in Atlanta, so it's mandatory.  The promise is something every woman should know.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Muffin's Mom - not familiar with the series, but very well versed in that threat.DD has begun seeing someone and she is rather giddy over this guy.  She is taking him to meet her sister this weekend.  I told married DD I was totally ready to meet this guy when the time comes.I fully intend to look this young man in the eye with a puzzled look on my face and then say, "Hey!  You look just like the kid who killed my parents!" and then see what he does.  Married DD will probably rat me out to them though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards