Hawaii
Options

I FOUND A DRESS :D

And I bought it on Saturday!! So this past week I documented all the flaws that my veil and dress had, and unfortunately I found more :-/ After looking over everything my gut was that the local seamstress would not be able to salvage most of the dress, and would probably have to create a whole new one. Plus she's currently working on fixing the BMs dresses, and time is of the essence. So I figured if I found something at David's I would just go ahead and purchase it to save myself and the seamstress some grief. And lucky for me I found two contenders (PIB). I ended up going with the Ivory Lace dress. When I put that dress on I had that feeling that this was it! I didn't want to take it off! I also bought a new mantilla veil in Ivory to match. I am kinda relieved now that I have a dress. Lucky to find something off the rack that fit so well. It only needs a hem and to be taken in about an inch in the bust. Now we are just hoping we can get our money back for the original dress. I think I'm going to send it back and ask for a refund, but right now it seems that she's not going to do that :( Anyway here's some pics! Please ignore my silly faces and flat hair. I was a bit stressed :P [img] http://tinyurl.com/ylms4ue [/img] [img] http://tinyurl.com/yhakf5k [/img] [img] http://tinyurl.com/yz5fzt2 [/img] [img] http://tinyurl.com/ygjvv4z [/img][img] http://tinyurl.com/yh7xufz [/img]

Re: I FOUND A DRESS :D

• Options
    edited December 2011
    looks BEAUTIFUL!! I am so happy for you that all that dress drama is resolved. And your hair looks awesome in those pictures. It's funny how different ppl have different ideas of how volume-y their hair should be; I always feel like my hair is too flat, but ppl say it looks right the way it is. And I think your grin in the 2nd picture is cute! yay, Janine, great great dress! now fingers crossed for a refund for the dress! Maybe take pictures of all the things that are wrong with the dress, list the items, and send it to her? can't believe she's being so unethical. i really hope you get some sort of refund.
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jen! I actually took pictures of everything, then circled each flaw and wrote an a sentence or two or five on what was wrong. It turned out to be a 13 page PDF that I sent over to her. She emailed me back with excuses and didn't hint at a refund. So we shall see what happens. It's just unacceptable. My mom even bought a new dress for herself because the seamstress hasn't finished hers yet, and it's just getting too close to the wedding.
  • Options
    amyj513amyj513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janine that looks so beautiful! I am glad that you finally found a dress now you can relax a little!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the new dress, Janine! Yay!!! It sucks that you don't get to wear the one you worked on for so long, but I think this dress is so much more flattering on you. Your waist looks tiny, and the back is awesome. That v is sexy and still very appropriate. And I'm all about lace dresses now that I chose one. :)I'm so happy that you found a gorgeous dress. Here's hoping that your seamstress will refund your money. It sucks that she didn't do the right thing without you asking.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm so happy for you! I love the dress, and I love that it still has some of the design elements that you originally wanted. Congrats! It should be all downhill from here. :)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janine, If she doesn't refund your money, I recommend at a minimum reporting her to her local Better Business Bureau, and posting detailed reviews of her work on yelp.com and any other online review locations (citysearch, projectwedding, TK, weddingbee.com, etc.). Other brides should be provided with full information about her so they don't go through the same thing.
  • Options
    ~BFF~~BFF~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janine, I am soo happy for you!  I was actually thinking about going to David's Bridal this week and was wondering how your dress shopping went.  I am glad you were able to find a dress and can stop stressing about your previous situation.  I really hope you get a refund on your other dress too - but at least you will be wearing something beautiful down the aisle.  BTW I like the grin in the 2nd pic too!  =)  Off the subject, did DB have a large selection of shoes?
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beth - David's had an ok selection of shoes. Varied styles, and they were mostly dyeables. I have had nothing but good experiences at the Pearl City David's Bridals. The staff is very attentive and friendly. I recommend making an appointment though, so you are guaranteed a consulatant and time. Also I would look at their website and write down some of the styles you like. This will help them figure out what your tastes are. Even though there were 5 other brides there at the same time, I didn't feel rushed, or looked over. I had a good time. Plus they really helped me with ordering my veil and making sure that it will be here in time for my wedding :)
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carrie - I really hope she does refund at least a partial amount. But I will definitely be spreading the word.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, one: the dress looks amazing! You look stunning in it!Two: I totally agree about the BBB and possibly small claims court. What a disaster.
  • Options
    diorgrl8diorgrl8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Janine, god-honest truth, i love this dress waay more than the one that ended up falling apart on you...see, sometimes things really do happen for a reason! ;) You look gorgeous! So excited for u!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    beautiful!!! I love the back!
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That dress looks great on you! I love that dress, the back is so awesome!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Janine, I really love this dress and you look so radiant in it!! So happy that you were able to find a great dress and great veil! I hope that you can get your money back and if not, I definitely agree about reporting her. Glad that most of the stress is over!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look soooo great in the dress!!! Hoping you get every penny you paid that woman back and with a quickness! I'm really happy for you! J. :-)
  • Options
    elaineNgeneelaineNgene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's wonderful news Janine!!!  I LOVE THE NEW DRESS!!!  The lace, the beading, the detail, the train, it's incredibly flattering on you, and I'm so happy that you were able to find something so beautiful off the rack.  Phew :)  I'll keep hoping that your mom's friend will refund your money.  That's very shameful if she keeps your payment for a job that she botched BADLY!!!  Knottie Vibes :)
  • Options
    LilSwtAzynLilSwtAzyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY JANINE!! !and you look gorgeaous... i'm so happy for you.. i knew everything would work out for you!
    Planning BIO! / Halekulani / Aug 29 2009
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI Janine I love the dress you look beautiful, I am so glad that things worked out for you and now you can sit back and relax.. well some what
  • Options
    machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  It looks great on you, like it was made for you!  What a relief finding something so perfect, you must be so happy!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mzkel_reneemzkel_renee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww!! That dress looks gorgeous on you!! I'm so happy your found such a great dress!
  • Options
    vanilla15vanilla15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree with pp.  Your new dress looks awesome!  and I would definitely spread the word about the dress maker.  I would hate to see her take advantage of another bride!Things definitely do happen for a reason though...your new dress rocks!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kjane12kjane12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I love the lace dress.
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That dress is perfect!!! I actually like it even better than your original dress. YAY! So happy that's over with, now you can relax! DEFINITELY post some reviews on Yelp and file a complaint with the BBB.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok so I love this dress on you.. And I have to say I really like this one so much better than the original one!  YAY for finding a beautiful dress!  I knew it would all come together for you!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a relief! I am happy that worked out for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a gorgeous dress! I love the details... looks so pretty and elegant. And your veil goes perfectly. What a great relief! I'm so glad everything worked out.
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW, it looks GORGEOUS on you! I love it =) I'm so glad you ended up finding such a wonderful and beautiful dress even at such short notice =) YAY!!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm loving the new dress!  It looks gorgeous on you!  Yay!  I'm glad everything worked out in the end!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww Janine...this dress looks gorgeous on you!!! I'm so glad you decided to go with your gut instincts and that it worked out in the end!! yay!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards