Canada

Transportation

Who are you using/did you use to get you from point A to point B on the big day? And, if you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying? I'm trying to put our budget together and I have no idea how much to allot for this one.

Re: Transportation

• sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using A1 limo service.  We just ordered an SUV to drive us around for pics.  We are taking a cab at the end of the night back to our hotel.  We did not mention it was a wedding and instead said we needed car service for an event.  It's $80/ hr.  If you mention wedding it jumps to $250 for a minimum of 4 hours.
  • kelmcgeekelmcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's anytime you say wedding the price triples! Craziness!We have a friend of a friend who has an antique car and he is driving us around for the day.   and we only have to pay for the gas!   It's a pretty sweet deal really. 
  • edited December 2011
    We looked and looked for a reputable limo company that wasn't charging insane amounts.  We went to a few places and called a lot more, and we just were not happy with the cost.We decided to use Avis rental company, and we rented two Chrysler 300's for a little over $100 total.  We had a connection through my husband's old company, so we got brand new cars in the same colour.  I don't know how hard it would be to coordinate without the connection though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MissLeahMMissLeahM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Byers Limos in iroquois. Its about 100 per hour with the package that we got. We have it for 10 hours, but the FI is arranging it and he wanted to make sure that the girls were taken care of.
    image Married and Junk.
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for that great point about not mentioning the word "wedding"! I had no idea it made that big of a difference. So when they show up and you're in a wedding dress, will they be upset??
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Byers as well and the 10 hour service as well (parents are paying!). So the girls will be brought to the hairdresser's in the morning and the guys will go have breakfast together. The breakfast for the girls is provided in the package (as well as champagne and OJ). We took the 18 passenger Hummer limo so it's more than 100$ an hour!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards