South Asian Weddings

Indian Instrumental SOngs

I am using Jashan E Baharan-do you know of any other instrumental ones?  I was thinking about using them while the guests are being seated.  Thanks!
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Indian Instrumental SOngs

• edited December 2011
    I actually downloaded some Ravi Shankar and music off of a CD called The Spirit of India - all from iTunes
  • edited December 2011
    We used the instrumental shehnai version of "Ye Jo Des Hai Tera" (from the movie Swades) as our recessional song.  It's gorgeous.  I think the Swades soundtrack had a lot of beautiful instrumental stuff if I recall, but I'm not positive.
  • edited December 2011
    DH and I just watched some videos by a guy called Shiv Kumar Sharma that were really cool. He played an unusual instrument, the name of which I can't remember. Not sure if any of it's wedding music, but it's religious and definitely worth looking into.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the speech in the link above.In reagrds to the music before teh ceremony, I will use some of Anoushka  Shankar sitar, instrumental only.
    DS was born in April 2012 at 31 weeks - 45 days in NICU ?If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?? M.B.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards