Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

pregnant bride!!!! now what

so i took a pregnancy test today just for the heck of it because i'm 2 days late  i know i know 2 days is nothing but i did and i got 2 pink lines and took another one and got a plus sign.....now I should be excited....i have had to miscarriages in the past and me and my fiance were trying for about 2 years after that but we kinda have decided to put on the back burner and I started to take birth control again....oh yea did I mention its because we fianlly decided to tie the knot after 10 years and for the last 6 months have been planning our wedding which is this July 2010 so now you see why I not jumping for joy Im actually a little afraid I know I have to go throught the wedding well actually I want to.....but how can I walk down the isle with a 6 month belly........changing the date is out of the questions everything is booked and pretty much paid for....i would lose lots of money....i already bought my dress which will not work with a belly.....maybe I sound a little selfish about all this but y now y not in 3 months i can deal with being pregnant duing my wedding as long as not everyone could tell i guess i just need to vent and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself....i actually do have a dr appt this upcoming week which is routine but i will get a def answer then......... i'm just so confused my emothions are going in 2 completely different directions at the same time happy because i def want to be a mother and upset that the vision i hav had for my wedding the last 6 months is pretty much a bust never mind that I have worked my but off these past months to loose weight and get in shape.....to  look my best that day.......

Re: pregnant bride!!!! now what

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First take a deep breath!  :)  
    Second, congratulations, on both your upcoming wedding and the pregnancy!

Life doesn't always go the way we planned, but I totally think you can make the best out of the situation, and still have your wedding in July!  Sure it will mean changing a couple of things, but if you have been trying to get pregnant then sounds like you just need to go get a dress that will work and rock the 6-month belly.  It might surprise and upset a few folks, but in the long run, they will likely get over it.  

But go to the doctor, get checked out, and have a good talk with your FI and figure out what you both want to do.  Your wedding is just one day (as much of a big deal as we make of it around here).  Weigh all your choices and make the one that is going to be best for your family (you, FI, and future children) for the long term.

Good luck --- you'll be fine!  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I second PP--CONGRATS!! False positives are very, very rare, so I wish you a healthy and happy nine months.

First of all, nobody will dare be upset at you for being pregnant after being with your FI for ten years. If you were sixteen and had been with someone for 10 weeks or 10 months, it might be a different story. But you are a woman--a beautiful, happy woman--and this is such a wonderful time for you and your FI.

Weddings don't go perfectly anyway. Its always something. I am glad for you that your "not perfect" is a joyful thing like a baby. You will look stunning, absolutely stunning in a wedding dress on that day. You'll find something you like and have a good excuse to wear comfy shoes.

No worries :-) Congrats again!
  • Options
    lexy61384lexy61384 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the kind words I have now gone for bloodwork and my levels are where they should be so as long as it continues this way everything else will jsut work out!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Best wishes to you!  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    cdream05cdream05 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do it! :) Congrats and you will have a beautiful wedding day and a beautiful baby :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards