Maine

vendor vent!

So, I'm getting married at Shawnee Peak, and the event coordinator there is very nice, but a bit hard to get in touch with. So far, I have managed to reach him when I need to.He told me he had lots of decor items -- paper lanterns, vases -- left by a previous bride he was just going to throw out at the end of the summer. I told him I'd take them, and he said if I came in mid-October I could pick them up.Well, I've emailed him and left him numerous messages, both on his cell and at his office, over a three-week period to find out when I can come and get them, and no response! I'm getting really annoyed. It's over an hour drive there, or I'd just hop in the car -- but I'd hate to drive out there for nothing.I feel like I should just let it go at this point -- but the prospect of free stuff is too good to pass up! There's no one else there I know that he works with, so I'm not sure what else to do besides drive up and hope I find him. UGH! This is seriously a bad sign for other, more important wedding stuff down the road!Anyone else had to deal with this? Suggestions for what to do?Okay, just had to vent! Thanks for listening :)
Anniversary

Re: vendor vent!

• edited December 2011
    My father used to work up there and is still friends with some of the guys maybe if he knows him I could have him let him know you've been trying to get a hold of him.. whats his name?
  • edited December 2011
    ...if you dont mind me asking lol  
  • StarrbabyStarrbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call and ask to speak with the general manager.. If you haven't talked to the event coordinator in awhile, it's possible he's no longer working there. His position may have been cut or maybe he's moved on. Either way, I would have a friendly conversation with the manager and find out where these items are and when it would be convenient for you to pick them up. Let us know how you make out.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks. I tried emailing the woman who handles their condo rentals, since I know she handles renting out the condos to people for their weddings. If she doesn't get back to me, I think I will try the general manager. I asked the woman who answered the general number if he was still there, and she said yes, so I think maybe he's just busy transitioning into the winter season? ugh who knows!AND if that still doesn't work, I'll give you his name and let your dad hound him :) Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can help you out.  I can even drive up and get the stuff for you if you want me too. email me bretonjm1 at yahoo dot com.
    edited December 2011
    Ps:  I know the wedding coordinator, the general manager, the bar manager, the race department (all of them).  Ok I basically know everyone.  I coach there. And basically have skied there for 31 years.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh you're so sweet Jaime! I did finally get him on the phone yesterday and he apologized for not getting back to me and said he's been really busy. I'm going up on Saturday to get the stuff!I felt bad for calling and harassing him so many times, esp. since he's so nice and was willing to let me take all this stuff for free, but I'll probably save at least a hundred bucks not having to buy paper lanterns and vases, so I couldn't pass it up.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome.  Where are you having your ceremony?  I hate that they ruined the patio with that room thingy on the front of the lodge. I think I would do it up on the grass, or at the top of the mt (haha that would probably cost a fortune to get everyone up there).
  • edited December 2011
    We are hopefully going to do it up on the grass at the base of the mountain. Scott tried to discourage us from doing it outside, but I really want to, if the weather cooperates. Otherwise, we'll do it in the new room they added on. (I wish we could do it at the top, but yeah, too expensive to rent the chairlift!) Honestly, it'd been a while since I'd been there, so I don't even remember what it looked like before they added it.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Another dumb question.  When is your wedding date?  I might stand in the office and watch (Jk).Did you get a hold of Sarah from RWS?  Are you having a head table?
  • edited December 2011
    It's June 12. I don't mind if you watch! I haven't tried to get in touch with Sarah yet (crazy @ work), but I will. I think we are going to have a head table, but haven't decided yet. I feel kind of weird keeping the BMs from having dinner with their significant others/dates and being stuck at a table with me and FI. But I like the idea of a head table too, and would like them to be there with me! So I can't decide...
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way so I had my wedding party's SO sit at the head table with us. I think I did It went girl, girl boy boy, girl girl boy boy and so on.I dont' know what it looked like because I haven't gotten those photos back yet.
  • edited December 2011
    I have had a lot of trouble contacting him also. I am a big emailer and it takes him forever to reply...and most times I have to email him a question twice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards