Colorado-Denver
Options

Favorite Registry Item(s)

We are just now getting around to using all of our new wedding gifts & I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new Dyson handheld vacuum.  It is seriously my favorite wedding gift (followed closely by our new kitchenaid stand mixer).  DH jokes that he likes it b/c it looks like a spaceage "deathray gun" and he's actually voluntarily vacuumed a flight of stairs & our heater vents (which were disturbingly dusty) b/c he thinks it so cool!  The Dyson is expensive (we used a couple of giftcards & a BB&B 20% off coupon to buy it last weekend) but I'm so glad we registered for it....just a little review for those of you who are working on their registries. :)  To all the other married ladies...what is your favorite  registry item that you received?  (Maybe we can help out some of the new brides-to-be with our reviews :)
no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!

Re: Favorite Registry Item(s)

• Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Can it be from my honeyfund because that was my fav. We had a small airplane tour that flew over Maui and then to Big Island and saw lava flowing into the ocean. That moment I will remember for the rest of my life.If I have to choose out of my traditional it would be my Waterford wine glasses. It was my one fancy not need items that I just love. When I drink out of them I feel soo sophisticated, hehe. And they are the coolest pattern, not some old fashion one.
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that plane ride & seeing the lava flow sounds SO cool! I agree that would be something that you would remember forever :)
  • Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    [IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2w39ame.jpg[/IMG]Here is a pic from it.
  • Options
    AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, can I only pick one??  :)  I love to cook so most of my faves are for cooking.  My bamboo utensils rock.  I didn't even register for them-someone bought them because they like them so much and I adore them!  Also my dishwasher safe bamboo cutting board.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh, the bamboo utensils (we registered for them but didn't get them)...maybe I'll have to go back & get them with one of our gift cards! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i LOVE my food processor. We eat a lot of veggies, and it makes prep work super quick.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love my OXO Chopper, cheap but practical! I also love our new Wusthof knives. I really wanted a stand mixer (in bright green!) but I didn't get that :-(
    JuneFlowers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kjyoung9kjyoung9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well...i'm sort of crashing into you married girls' thread here, but i have to say chellbell that i'm so excited for the kitchenaid mixer.  it's my total dream item on my registry ;)and i keep trying to remind FI that we get a discounts for teh completion part of registeries!!! 
    Kelly & Kevin, Denver, CO 10.22.10

MyBio

Photobucket

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly - I love my kitchenaid mixer too!  I made biscotti this weekend (it was SOOO much easier with the mixer)...I tried to make it by hand a few months ago & I broke a wooden spoon trying to mix the dough! LOL  I hope you get your mixer (& if not, you can always use gift cards for the bigger ticket items!) :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a tie between my Caphalon cookware set (I use the panini pan 3+ times a week!) and the fire pit which my DH adores (what is it with men and fire?).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FUN poll!I have a few favorites, I can't choose just one.Kitchen Aid mixer in my favorite color: Yellow!! This was my absolute dream and I didn't think in a million years I would get it.Scan Pan cooking set. Pots and pans made out of a metal that has a cooking surface similar to teflon, but it doesn't flake and is more durable than stainless steal! Totally awesome, from my grandma.32 inch TV + Wii and Wii fit, seriously so much fun. I've never had a big TV before, and never had any kind of cool technology so I feel pretty fancy, and I love all the games on wii fit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably have to say the down comforter for our king sized bed and the flat screen tv we got for our room with 2 Walmart gift cards we were given. Worst gift: I honestly registered for the Slap-Chop and let me tell you, this thing sucks big time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry to hear that the slap chop was a bust. :(  Our most disappointing gift was the faucet mounted brita filter.  I was super excited for it too...it says it fits nearly all faucets...well we live in a rented townhouse that has VERY generic faucets & it didn't fit our kitchen faucet. WTF?  I just had to take it back this past weekend to BB&B & buy a brita container for our fridge LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our all clad pans! We traded in some smaller stuff & gift cards & used a coupon at bb & B and they are completely worth it! WE got a kitchen aid mixer as well but I'm having trouble finding somewhere to keep it in our tiny kitchen! The most practical was our silverware, so great having a nice set that matches!!! Hehehe
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    alora, we had the same problem (very little counter space in our small kitchen :(...so we got a cover for our mixer & put it on top of our refrigerator. Its out of the way since counterspace is precious but its still easily accessible! :)
  • Options
    AmyO.AmyO. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All this talk about pots and pans is making me jealous.  That is on our completion list.......I'm so close to having my delicious brand new calphalon set!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Towels!!!  ... matching, bath sheets, oh so soft
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards