Wedding Etiquette Forum

Problems with Free Wedding Websites

Didn't know where else to post this.  Has anyone used Project Wedding's free wedding websites?  What has been your experience with them?  I'm designing my site, and it was looking great at first, especially given Project Wedding's beautiful layouts.  But my FI added his groomsmen, and he could see them on his computer but I can't see them on my computer. 

We're trying to redo the page in the hopes that will fix the bug.  But if they're problems now, I'm worried more problems may turn up as more guests try to view the site.  On the other hand, I'm hesitant to get a new website, as I've printed out all my save-the-dates and included the wedding website on them and sealed them in envelopes with stamps.

Has anyone had this experience?  Any suggestions?

Re: Problems with Free Wedding Websites

• edited August 2010
    It sounds like it's an issue with your browser's cache. Clear your cookies/cache and retry on your browser. For people accessing the site for the first time it won't be an issue if it's done when they access it, as their browsers will automatically go to the server to load all of the content. It sounds like yours isn't because it's previously loaded the content. If you try it from a different browser on your computer you'll probably see the changes (and see it the way everyone else will when they come to it).
  • Wow, thanks!  That was exactly the problem, and it fixed. 

We won't have all the info on our site when we send out save-the-dates in a few weeks.  I don't think we'll be able to get the info for the hotel for guests, the rehersal dinner, gift registry, and another item or two.  Do you think this problem will continue to arise for any guests who view it now?
  • Wait, I take that back... I could see the site from Firefox.  But I still have troubles with Internet Explorer even though I deleted all my cookies.  Will that be permanent?
  • It's hard to say, really. It varies by site and H tells me that it's about the site's webserver and the way it's configured. Sometimes it updates based on time, and in other cases it might automatically update when the site's been updated... So in either case, if your guests haven't visited your site in a particular amount of time, it will automatically reload it all from the server... so I would say you'll probably be safe. I'd try and get as much information up as possible before hand, and when you add the additional information at a later date your guests probably either won't have previously visited the site, or would have visited it such a long time ago that their browser won't be using what's in the cache to view it anyway. I wouldn't stress about it too much.
  • Ok, thanks!  I appreciate the help immensely.  I'd be totally lost without it.  I'll try not to stress too much, and I'll do my best to get it updated as much as possible.  Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.  :-)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_problems-wedding-websites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f5caf100-cc4b-49b7-82d5-5af3d3b0b4adPost:70f9cd8b-6299-4c44-89c9-4e8712bf6fb2">Re: Problems with Free Wedding Websites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, I take that back... I could see the site from Firefox.  But I still have troubles with Internet Explorer even though I deleted all my cookies.  Will that be permanent?
    Posted by GJones27[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>Did you delete all of your cache as well? I can assure you if you deleted all cookies and history it would work for you, given it works fine in firefox.</p>
  • I finally got it to work in Internet Explorer.  Yay!  I forgot to delete the the passwords on my computer when I was deleting all my cookies and browsing history.  Thanks for the tip!
  • Oh no!  Now I have a new problem with the site.  My mom tried clicking on it to see if she could see it, and now it says my page can't be found.  Do you know why this happens or what can be done to fix it?

I think it would have been wiser if I had just paid for a wedding website. :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards