Wedding Etiquette Forum

Halloween Candy Poll

Bec's note below made me pine for the days of guilt free candy eating when I was a kid.  So I'd like to know-what was your favorite and what was the worst?Favorite-mini twixes, without a doubtWorst-toffee, smarties and peppermints.  I can get peppermints at the neighborhood restaurant.  Why would I come all the way to your house in a costume for a mint?
Bi-oh-rama
Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
"The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

Re: Halloween Candy Poll

• Favorite - anything with peanut butter, snickersWorst - Mary janes
  • Favourite: Mini tootsie rollsWorst: Those little foil-wrapped chocolates that look like jack-o-lanterns. Nasty chocolate.
  • Best: mars bars, any big chocolate bar, or pop.  i loved the people who gave out the good stuff.Worst: sesame snaps and wagon wheels.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Favorite: Reese's peanut butter cups in the pumpkin shapesWorst: licorice
  • Favorite: anything with peanut butter/peanuts, candy cornWorst: tootsie rolls, lollipops, people who give bags of pretzels.
  • Favorite: any mini candy bar or mini packs of m+ms, reeses, etc.Worst: candy corn. Sorry, I don't like it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • candy corn sucks.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Favorite- Anything chocolate Worst- Anything fruity or sour
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Favourite - Anything Tootsie is good in my books.  I also like mini chocolate bars. Worst - Candy corn hands down.  And wagon wheels.
  • Favorite: anything chocolate and anything caramel and anything Reese's Worst: anything sour or anything that I consider "fake chocolate", like Tootsie Rolls
  • Mrs_AF - I love when it gets close to any holiday because I am addicted to oddly shaped Reeses cups.  The chocolate/PB ratio is perfect.  Yum...
  • Candy corn freaking rocks. You people are nuts :) Favorite - smarties, starbursts, kitkats, anything with a minty flavor, and of course, candy corn. Worst - the idiot dentist down the street who gave us travel toothbrushes and toothpast. Or anything with peanut butter.
  • I love when it gets close to any holiday because I am addicted to oddly shaped Reeses cups. The chocolate/PB ratio is perfect. Yum...It's the same theory with mac and cheese: It just tastes better when it's a funny shape!
  • Favorites: candy corn and mallowcreme pumpkins Worst: bubble gum and smarties Tangent- Does anyone else think that Red Bull tastes like crushed up Smarties?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • OMG Vogt took my worst answer! I hated the freakin dentist who gave toothbrushes. I also hated the old man who gave pennies. Really? A penny?!? I like all candy. I'd be hard to name a favorite. I like making vampire teeth out of candy corn, so that's probably my fave because of the added functionality combined with the taste!
  • Favorite:  Mini tootsie rolls, Canadian smarties (the chocolate ones), Aeros, molasses taffy, any gummy candies, PB cups.least favorite: chicklets (ugh, they were horrid), rockets and gumballs.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Arbolita-Reese's peanut butter Christmas trees are the best stocking stuffers!I love them.  I feel all tingly now.
    Bi-oh-rama

• favorite - mini jersey milk, mini aeros, home made popcorn balls from #11 20th st (she still makes them...I may or may not take them out of my nephew's trick or treat bag), full sized chocolate bars or bags of chipsworst - peanuts (in the shell), candy corn (VOMIT), tootsie rolls, jelly beans, hard candies.
  • Oh, yeah, Moose reminded me of Rockets.  Mmm, Rockets.  I could eat a disgusting amount of these they're so good.  This is why I don't buy them to give out.
  • Favorite: The corner veggie stand that would give out candy apples every year.  I miss those! Least Favorite: The old lady who would give out pennies.  PENNIES.  And you'd get 4 or 6 of them.  WTF?!?I miss all candy right now since I have braces (wanted straight teeth for the wedding).  I would KILL for a candy apple. 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • What is a rocket? I was never big on candy. I liked to arrange it when I got home (by type, and then in groups of the same things...candy bars, fruity, etc.) I'm a freak. And then I would give all my candy to people on the playground, and buy their friendship with chocolate :) I still don't like much candy to this day.
  • Favorite: Sugar daddiesWorst: Apples and home-popped popcorn.  Why bother even opening your door?
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • How come nobody has mentioned peanutbutter kisses? The candy in an orange or black wrapper! Those are the worst!! My favorite is either fun dips or pop rocks.
    Photobucket
  • [b]Favorite[/b] - Whoppers. [b]Worst[/b] - Almond Joys. I HATE coconut.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Shelly, the black and orange candy!! GAH! I'd completely blocked that crap from my mind. What is that shiit??
  • Fav: Twix, StarburstWorst: Candy Corn, Anything that is healthy (tonight is not the night for healthy stuff come one people)
  • Mmmmm I love coconut!
    Photobucket
  • I don't know but I think my dad is the only person who likes them!
    Photobucket
  • favourite - reese cups, mini coffee crisp, lollipops with the white flower design that you could "stamp" onto your tongue, mini twix worst - candy corn, tootsie anything, those little caramel squares, bags of chips (bags of crumbs more like), popeye cigarettes
  • OH YEAH! and rockets, rockets were the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards