Wisconsin

Getting to know the Wisco knottie:)

Thought I would put up a little get to know you post for the WI board. I noticed that we have more knotties and I would love to get to know everyone!

1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin?
2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married?
3. Why did you choose the month that you did?
4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding?
5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)?
6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married?
7. What is your favorite Disney Movie?
8. Are you a Badger Fan?
9. Are you a Packer fan?
10. What else you want to say about yourself?

Re: Getting to know the Wisco knottie:)

• edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin? I love snow. I will complain about it a million times this winter but there is nothing like a fresh snow fall Christmas day:)
    2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married? I am getting Married in Madison at the Lussier Family Heritage Center.
    3. Why did you choose the month that you did? I wanted a spring wedding, budget was tight, Sept. was the closest I could get. I picked the date because the venu was available and it was a Badger Football away game.
    4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding? I will for sure be serving Miller Lite at the reception, along with Spotted Cow.
    5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)? I can I say marrying FI?!?!?! LOL! I can't wait to have a huge party and be with my friends and family.
    6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married? I have lived a few other placed aready and moved back to Wisconsin because I really do love it here. Madison is the best. FI and I have talked and we would move for his job, IF I haven't already found my careerer. He might have more time finding a job in his field than I would.
    7. What is your favorite Disney Movie? The Little Mermaid and Mulan
    8. Are you a Badger Fan? GO BUCKY!!! But I am also a UNLV and OU fan.
    9. Are you a Packer fan? GO PACK GO!!!  Nothing better than watching a Packer game on Sunday!
    10. What else you want to say about yourself? EDIT: What else would you like to say about yourself? I have been in college for 7 years and can't wait to be done, but now that it's getting closer, I'm thinking about getting my MBA.

Can't wait to read about everyone else:)
  • cc7003cc7003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin? I grew up on Lake Michigan and went to school on Lake Superior. I think it's cool that we're surrounded by 2 great lakes and love the smell of the lake. I lived in KS with NO substantial lakes around and I so missed the smell.

2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married?Racine. ceremony outside at a park area in a golf course and reception at the Masonic Center which I'm excited about.

3. Why did you choose the month that you did? I wanted a fall wedding with the potential of the fall colors but it got pushed back a few weeks in Sept due to reception availability dates. So probably no fall colors that early, but weather should be perfect.

4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding? Leinenkugels beer for sure.

5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)? I'm looking forward to the photobooth. I've been working on DIY's lately too and can't wait to see how all the little details pull it all together.

6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married? I also lived in a few other states as well as around WI. I moved back to SE WI because I love it and the majority of my family is here. FI and I are settled in our jobs and he has kids so we won't be moving out of the state!

7. What is your favorite Disney Movie? The Jungle Book by far!

8. Are you a Badger Fan? No--but I'll trade the badgers in this question for Brewers! Big Brewers fan and we're planning on spring training for our honeymoon!

9. Are you a Packer fan? GO PACK GO!

10. What else you want to say about yourself? UMMM...I've got nothing right now. Drawing a blank!
    Thanks for doing this Beckster!
    image 125 made the cut! RSVP date--August 22
    image 108 are ready for photobooth fun! image 19 are camera-shy!
    image 0 Can't find the post office!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Getting all 4 seasons.  As much as I dislike winter months, it's nice to be able to experience all of the seasons.
    Downtown Milwaukee - Villa Filomena --- It's a gorgeous old Italian-style mansion.  LOVE IT
    We wanted  to have our wedding when it was warm, but not too hot.  June seemed to be a good time.  We'll be able to get married, go on the honeymoon and be back for Summerfest!!!  :)
    4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding?
    Spotted Cow will definitely be served and probably some Lakefront Brewery brews as well
    Being able to share our special day with those that we love.
    Yes.  We would eventually love to move out to San Diego though.
    Aladdin --- Watched it all the time as a kid.
    8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Not really...I don't watch any of the Badger games nor am I eager to know if they win a game or not.
    9. Are you a Packer fan?
    YES!!  Love watching the Packers :)
    FH and I live in Racine right now.  He just got a job up in downtown Milwaukee so we'll be looking to move up that way after we get married and our lease is up.  I'm currently reading "What Women Want Men to Know" and highly recommend it.  I asked for "101 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married" for Christmas  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The beauty of all 4 seasons-especially the woods and water, also WI culture
    Milwaukee-Immaculate Conception in Bay View and the South Shore Yacht Club
    I wanted a chance for warm weather, but not hot weather.
    Wi cheese, Miller Light
    Reception on Lake Michigan
    We will be staying.  FI has lived in MKE his whole life and I've lived throughout the state with a short stint in FL.
    Either Lilo and Stitch or Monsters Inc.
    8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    ON WISCONSIN!!  I'm smelling roses!
    9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Go Pack GO!
    hmm...not sure.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

The city of Madison!!  Not only the best college town EVER, but seriously an amazing place to live (can you tell that I miss it?  haha)

In Madison on the UW campus

September is usually pretty temperate and we're getting married on FI's grandparents' anniversary

Haven't decided yet, but TOTALLY will at the RD

A bunch of the cool ideas we've been coming up with, in addition to the fact that we'll get to see a whole bunch of our friends and family who have moved across the country.

We're in Connecticut now and plan on moving wherever FI ends up getting a job (he graduates from grad school in May)

Beauty and the Beast!  Little Mermaid is a close second...I LOVVVVVVVVE Disney movies!

8. Are you a Badger Fan?

HELL YES!  SO excited for the Rose Bowl potential!

9. Are you a Packer fan?

FI is definitely a Packers fan and I'm a bit of a convert myself.  =]

I'm a HUGE Yankees fan...and love polar bears.  =]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JessieH11JessieH11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin
    I've gotta go with everyone else here and say the four seasons.  I hate hate hate winter, but love spring, summer and fall.  I also love all the Wisco sports teams.
    I am getting married in Wausau Wisconsin, having my wedding reception at Stoney Creek Inn.  I grew up there but currently live iwth my FI in Kenosha.
    I really wanted to get married in October.  I got engaged on Christmas Eve 2009, so that would have been 10 months and I was worried that it wouldn't be enough time for me to plan from far away.  Then I thought about 9/10/11 which would have been my fiance and my 6 year anniversary, plus it was a fun date plus it fell on a saturday, but that was almost too long.  So I picked the first date that felt like it would be spring and hopefully decent out.  I didn't want a summer wedding so May 14th it was.
    I'll have Miller Lite for sure.  There will be lots of food, drinks and dancing!
    Just having a good time.  I'm really excited about my colors.  Girls are wearing black and having apple green flowers.  Going to have lots of flowers at the reception too!
    My fiance is from Illinois and still works there, but its cheaper to live here so i'm sure this is where we'll stay.
    Beauty and the Beast!
    8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Absolutely!
    9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Also like the Packers but not as much as the Badgers
    I work full time and am working on my masters degree.  There are times that i just want my wedding to be here because its so stressful to plan a wedding for 350 people!  I just try to slow down and stay in the moment.
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin?  Lake Michigan, hands down.
    2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married?  Milwaukee area - Elm Grove Woman's Club - elegant venue that is the right size for us.
    3. Why did you choose the month that you did?  Didn't want a summer wedding, didn't want to wait to the fall, and April 16 was available!
    4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding?  Sprecher Root Beer in the welcome bags
    5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)?  Incorporating the "old" and "borrowed" in the wedding - the purse my mom carried on her wedding day, a lace table cloth my great-grandmother made, photos of family members on their wedding days displayed at the hall entrance...
    6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married?  Likely staying in the MKE area, but for sure in the midwest.  Don't feel like selling my house just yet!
    7. What is your favorite Disney Movie?  I'm more of a Pixar girl.....
    8. Are you a Badger Fan?   not really
    9. Are you a Packer fan?  not really - I LOVE baseball!
    10. What else you want to say about yourself?  I race sailboats on Lake Michigan and hate winters since there is no sailing!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Lakes!! This is a beautiful state.  I grew up in Green Bay right by the bay, and now live in Eagle River near the largest freshwater chain of lakes in the world.  How do you beat that?!

Getting married in Green Bay at the oldest catholic church in the state, and reception at Riverside Ballroom

I wanted May originally, FI and I started dating in May and it would have been our 7th anniversary, but he works road construction and is always back to work by then, so we kicked it back a week into April...It will be nice that hes still off!

Beer?  I don't really know...I wanted to do Three Lakes wine for favors (FI from there) and cheese for Green Bay!  but pricewise, it wasnt going to happen

The old city feel we are having...It's in a beautiful old church, and the ballroom has rounded ceilings and huge chandeliers.  It's kind of historic green bay minus anything green and gold

Yes.  I would love to move back to GB.  I live in the middle of the woods and definetly miss shopping and being close to my family, but the people around here are super nice, and FI owns his house and some land, and works for a family company....so I dont think we are leaving anytime soon!

Lion King!  And Aladdin

8. Are you a Badger Fan?

no

9. Are you a Packer fan?

Have to be if you are from Green Bay!

FI and I have a 3 year old son!  I am a map freak...I can look at the WI gazette for hours on end.  I know, weird. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin? i like the colors. the colors of every season like the flowers, the grass, the trees, and even the snow! i was born in wis but raised in arizona so appreciate the color
    2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married? madison, with ceremony at the Olin-Turville Park by the lakes
    3. Why did you choose the month that you did? i chose sept cuz it was 12 mo from getting engaged, i would hate to wait too long or have to rush to get married, and my family would enjoy coming to wis for the beautiful sept weather (i hope!)
    4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding?i guess maybe beer, and then on the DIY menu/info cards will have fun little wis facts on some
    5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)? i LOVE my dress! it was the first one i tried on, and it fit perfectly, like it was made for me!!
    6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married? for about a year, then we'll be moving to arizona!!
    7. What is your favorite Disney Movie?LOOOOVE disney movies...but gotta say Mulan and Pocahontas
    8. Are you a Badger Fan?YES!
    9. Are you a Packer fan?HECK YES!
    10. What else you want to say about yourself? this was fun! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay beckster for getting this rolling (little Sept 2011 love!)

So much...I really miss LIVING in Wiscons so much to do in the Milwaukee area, a hop skip and jump from Chicago...

Green Bay - it was a toss up between Milwaukee and Green Bay and we loved the venue in Green Bay

It just happened to work out that the church and reception hall were both available 9-10-11.  That was our third choice too.

Heck yeah!  I have some Buckeye lovers coming so we are doing photos for tables and Bucky, The Milwaukee Admirals, and others are in the photos.

Hmmm my photog is AWESOME, and I am getting equally excited about a potential florist.  But aside from that lots of friends and family are excited so that makes me really happy.

I unfortunately live in Buckeye Hell....aka Columbus hopefully one day we end up  back in Wisconsin where people can drive in snow.

Oh sooo many but I have to say The Lion King

8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Heck yeah and jberg knows...I can Teach Ya How to Bucky!  And the first room I painted in my house was my "Badger" room.

9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Sure am!

I dunno...you wanna know ask!  I guess I do a lot of animal rescue so people come to me with dog questions.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • smockly05smockly05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin? I also love the 4 seaons. I grew up in california and didn't know that leaves actually changed colors in the fall so it was incredibly exciting to me to see such a beautiful seaon
    2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married? the ceremony will be in DeForest at my partner's family church. The reception will be at the Goodman Community Center on Madison's east side.
    3. Why did you choose the month that you did? I will just be getting my master's in may and my partner still has 2 more years of grad school, plus all my family will be traveling from the west coast so summer turned out to be the time that worked and the end of aug. gives us a chance to have a honeymoon before school starts.
    4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding? Yes. My family thinks I'm crazy for living in the midwest when i can go back to the beach. We are for sure having some Spotted Cow and other wisco beers..but I'm REALLY hoping we can find a caterer who does cheese curds!
    5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)? having a party
    6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married? we'll be here for at least 2 more years and after that who knows!
    7. What is your favorite Disney Movie? the aristocats
    8. Are you a Badger Fan? yes
    9. Are you a Packer fan? nope
    10. What else you want to say about yourself? this was a great break and now i have to get back to homework! Thanks for putting this together!
  • msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin?  The SNOW!  I am a snowboarder, so I'm getting pumped for some flakey white stuff to start falling!
    2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married? Racine - at our local church.  Reception is at Roma Lodge in Racine.
    3. Why did you choose the month that you did? May 28 is a special day for us - we always have a HUGE cookout with our family on that day.  I wanted a winter wedding, but my fi asked for spring, so May 28th it is. :)
    4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding? We'll have SpoCo on tap for sure. :)
    5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)? Knowing that we will be surrounded by friends and family. 
    6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married? We will stay here, unless one of our jobs moves us away.  Our families are here.
    7. What is your favorite Disney Movie? The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast
    8. Are you a Badger Fan? I am, but not religious.
    9. Are you a Packer fan?  Yes, this I am crazy about. :)
    10. What else you want to say about yourself? I'm anxious to be a Mrs! 6 months is too long to wait for me right now. (We've been engaged a year and a half already)
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • edited December 2011

Have to agree with others on the whole 4 seasons. As much as I hate driving in snow, I wouldn't want to have it any other way! We have gone on two cruises in January and said while we were in Florida that we would miss the snow during the time.

Ceremony is at the Agora Pavillion in FItchburg and Reception is at the Heights Event Center in Stoughton

I have a rotating schedule and only get weekends off ever three months and this was when I had off that worked for us. It was between Jan/Feb, May or later and we wanted to get married right away.  We didn't want to get married in the middle of winter in case the weather was bad and family couldn't make it so we chose May :)

I can't think of anything right now besides beer but we are still plannin on so you never know :)

Spending our special day with our closest friends and family members. Also seeing all of our hard work come together for this special day

Staying in Wisconsin. We just purchased our first home last Sept and plan on living in it for a few years.

Lion King!! Although I do love myself some Disney movies!!

8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Yes as well as a UW-Whitewater Warhawk fan

9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Yep!!! (my FI is also a Tampa Bay Buccanneers fan)

Some people think I'm weird for having some snowflakes in my wedding decor but hey! There's Christmas in July, why not snowflakes in May? This is Wisconsin, right?!?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wisconsin has a great State Parks system.  You never too far away from a park with great scenery and a good hike.

Ceremony:  Boerner Botanical GardensReception:  Harley-Davidson Museum Motor Restaurant and Bar

Lilacs are in full bloom.

Yep, can’t get much more iconic MKE than Harley-Davidson.

Spending the day with your closest family and friends.  Also trying to add touches that add a sense of humor – for example Dachshund place cards.

No longer live in Wisconsin but I love it so much that we are getting married there.  

I like Pixar movies…

8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Nope.

9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Sort of…

We spend plenty of time camping during the summer so we decided to have a camping themed wedding cake…
  • RoseBud3891RoseBud3891 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The landscape! The woods and the hills and... AH. It's just beautiful!

The ceremony is in Prairie Farm and the reception and dance are in Ridgeland (snaps for anyone with a remote idea of where that is... hehehe)

I wanted a fall wedding, like September-ish, but FI's cousin is getting married in October and her date was set first so we pushed it up a little more. Also, I'm student teaching in the fall so getting married in August as opposed to September just works better.
    We said August, I opened my calendar and FI said "How about the 6th?". Random, perfect. ;)

Pretty much our entire wedding... Our favors are can koozies, we'll have plenty of beer, the dance is in a town of 345 and everyone is invited, everyone knows everyone, and there will be polka!

The pockets in my dress... I love the little things hehe.

We're trying to sell our house right now, but not to move out of WI... To move closer to family in Ridgeland *fingers crossed that someone buys our place*

Beauty And The Beast ;) All time fave.

8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Unfortunately I don't follow college football... This year woulda been a good one to start though! They're kickin butt! Next year...

9. Are you a Packer fan?
    You betcha! Go. Pack. Go.

Um... I'm a Special Ed. major close to being done! Can't wait to marry my best friend... I'm also really glad that the WI board is livening up ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • breannalynnbreannalynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!
    Spotted Cow... YUM!

Our ceremony is going to be at a Catholic Church in Madison and the reception will be at the Madison Concourse Hotel downtown Madison

We're getting married in October.  We chose that because we didn't want everyone to be sweating if the weather was too warm.  After this fall though I guess you never really know!  It was 80 degrees around the time we're getting married!

Spotted cow of course :)  Maybe some cheese and sausage appetizers too.

During all the planning I feel like I've gotten a lot closer with some of my family.  I'm really excited to just have a lot of fun with my closest friends and family!

We really love Wisconsin so I'm pretty sure we'll stay here forever.  

Oh my gosh I love them all!  Probably the Lion King

8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Yep!  I just froze my butt off at the game last Saturday!

9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Yep!  But I'm marrying a Bears fan... YUCK!

I'm really excited to get married but super stressed out about the wedding!  I hope it all comes together!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    First and foremost---beckster...we miss you on the May '11 board!!!

I love all the colors in the fall.  And the fact that we get so many different realms of weather.  :)  And the scenery!
    Plover, WI.  Almost right in the middle of the state!
    I wanted a spring-ish wedding because I love the colors, plus warm weather!
    Not really.  I might make perfumes for my BM from a place in Door County.  But that's about it.
    My big huge princess dress.  Lol.
    Staying.  We might move to the Fox City area eventually. 
    Beauty and the Beast.  Belle is my favorite princess!
    8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Not really...
    9. Are you a Packer fan?
    More so now that Favre is gone.  (Sorry, but I just think he is sooooo overrated now).  I went to the Playoff game, his last as a Packer, but now that he keeps going back and forth for retirement jsut shows me we're better off without him)
    I ask advice all the time because I can never make up my mind about the wedding....I'm constantly changing my mind about what I want!
  • edited December 2011
    Goetzr19- I miss you all too! I stop by and "stalker" the board every once and awhile. Your wedding is not that far away:)
  • SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That it's shaped like a mitten - so cute!!
    Waukesha County
    I love winter.  It's my absolute favorite time of the year and I have an awesome FI who was willing to indulge me :)
    Nope, not unless there happens to be snow on the ground that day.  Oh, unless you count my garter, which is half Green Bay Packers (for FI)
    I love my invitations.  And my photographer.  And my bouquet.  So...pretty much everything
    Probably staying since we both have stable jobs that pay well - but I wouldn't be against moving to Colorado.  Or Maine.  Or Alaska.
    I don't really have one, sorry
    8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    I don't follow them, but if I know they're on I'll root for them
    9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Not in the least.  I'm actually a Carolina Panthers fan. 
    I'm getting married in 12 days, and I feel like I'm letting people down because people keep asking me f I'm excited about the wedding, and I'm honest about my response which is no, not yet.  Ask me again on 12-10, and hopefully I'll be excited by then.  I just want all the little nit-picky stuff to be DONE!

• edited December 2011
    Milwaukee has so much to do museums, Summerfest, great food, the lake ... I love summers in Milwaukee.

Downtown or Third Ward Milwaukee: we are close to deciding on a reception venue and the ceremony will be at St. Johns Cathedral on Cathedral Square downtown.

My future husband's job is very busy in the summer so we picked October so he could actually get some time off. 

We are having stations with our favorite food but fancier versions.  My fiance loves Brat's so their will be a classy Brat h'orderves at the Cocktail hour.  We also enjoy micro brews and are having several micro brews at the wedding.

My photographer and the food ... the food will be amazing!!

Staying ... our jobs are here and so is our family.

Hmmm I guess Beauty and the Beast

8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Yes!!

9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Yeah kind of the fiance is a HUGE Packer fan.

I am so excited for the next year of planning.  I am sure it will be hard at times but it will also be so much fun.  I want to try to enjoy every second even the hard ones.  I won't ever get to be engaged again so I might as well soak it up while I can. 
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite thing about Wisconsin? My family is here. I wouldn't change that for the world.
    2. Where in Wisconsin are you getting married? We are flying to VEGAS baby!
    3. Why did you choose the month that you did? My kids are out of school and it is easier to get family to travel in the summer.
    4. Are you going to have anything "known" for being from Wisconsin at your wedding? maybe at the reception but its not planned yet... so.... ;-)
    5. What is the favorite thing about your wedding(besides marrying FI)? We get to travel and "play" on the strip
    6. Do you plan on staying in Wisconsin, or moving once you get married? Absolutely! Our house is here, jobs are here, kids go to school here and family is here! :-)
    7. What is your favorite Disney Movie? Princess and the frog
    8. Are you a Badger Fan? HECK YES!
    9. Are you a Packer fan? sure, if its on...
    10. What else you want to say about yourself? Gotta get to planning! Wedding in 6 months in Vegas and NOTHING but the chapel booked! We plan to have a big reception when we return so I need all the help I can get!!
    - Sarah , SAHM to 4 beautiful girls, cautiously expecting baby #5 EDD 7/5/12 image BabyFetus Ticker
  • kalaflathaukalaflathau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of my family is here and it is such a beautiful state - not to mention, I like to experience all four seasons too!

We are getting married at our Church in Marshall and our reception is at Lake Windsor.

September, in my opinion, has the best weather!

I think so - I don't have all of the details nailed down, but I know that Bucky will be involved some way or another!

The big celebration with friends and family.  I am really looking forward to just having a good time!

Yes, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else!!

I LOVE the Lion King! 

8. Are you a Badger Fan?
    Yes!!

9. Are you a Packer fan?
    Yes!!!

I can't wait to be married to my best friend and I am having so much fun planning our big day!!  We have about 9 months to go and so far so good.  I haven't had any stresses yet - keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    kalaflathau : You should come over to the Sept '11 board. A great group of girls over there:)

Not as great as May '11....Miss you guys!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_getting-wisco-knottie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:ebbe571d-7b3a-4e0e-9322-9c230f2f1c52Post:e86f9f0b-f931-4af5-bbe5-b8c8ac63d24a">Re: Getting to know the Wisco knottie:)</a>:
    [QUOTE]kalaflathau : You should come over to the Sept '11 board. A great group of girls over there:) <strong><em><u>Not as great as May '11....Miss you guys!
    </u></em></strong>Posted by beckster5551[/QUOTE]

May 2011 rocks :)
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    goetzr-  I lurk over in May a bit, I am getting married April 30th...close enough!  The April girls are fun too :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards