Maine

christmas tree shops?

Hey ladies! I'm not a frequenter of the Christmas Tree Shop, but I was wondering if anyone knew if they had good deals on things like votive holders, candles, etc. I'm trying to do some cost comparison on that kind of stuff, but haven't made it out there yet.Also, I haven't checked out Michaels either. Is there a lot of good stuff there? Joann's had a few vases and various votives/candles, but seemed a tad pricey to me -- or at least more than I expected to pay.TIA!
Anniversary

Re: christmas tree shops?

• Torir911Torir911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got some gorgeous votive holders on sale 3/$1. They're really thick, heavy glass. Michael's can be good if you're patient. I got my vases all half off by buying them one at a time using a 50% off one item coupon (and I had my mom and Fi come w/ me one Saturday morning). AC Moore has a decent selection of glass-stuff as well, but I have yet to really check it out.
  • JaimeMarieBJaimeMarieB member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you doing for center pieces?
  • kay0003kay0003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually just stopped by the Dollar Tree in South Portland (near DSW) and they had some nice looking votives 2/$1.  And they had some decent larger vases.  I'll probably end up buying the larger vases there because that size is usually $10 plus anywhere else.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not exactly sure what I want to do for centerpieces yet. I'm getting some vases from Shawnee Peak but I don't know yet what they look like. I'll probably just have a vase with a few flowers, then a few votives around it with candles. I like the look of having a few rocks in the bottom with water and a floating candle. There's a pic in my bio of something similar under reception.Eco-Elegance in Portland has these really cute square votive holders that I liked for $1 each. The store owner had one on display with a few rocks and floating candle, and I liked it. I was trying to decide if I should buy them or do some more shopping around for a better deal. They are nice big ones with thick glass, so they looked nicer than the cheapie ones I saw at Joanns for the same price.I'll have to check out Michaels and the Dollar Tree too!
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have vases that size.  I believe I have 20 of them and will sell them for 10 bucks to you. I also have green,  pink, white and clear glass gem stone thingys if interested.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a huge fan of both Christmas Tree Shop and Dollar Tree.  I also got 3/$1 votives, some pillar candles, sea glass, picture frames, baskets, and a bunch of other stuff.  I've also found good things at Dollar Tree, and  you can order in bulk online! Definately worth a look!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    JaimeMarie -- do you have a pic, or dimensions, so I can estimate how big they are?
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if I have a picture.  But I can take one when I get home or at least look up the size for you.
  • edited December 2011
    If you could take a pic that would be fantastic! But no worries if not. Thanks so much!
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If I don't send you a picture by tomorrow email and remind me. I seem to be rather forgetful lately!
  • edited December 2011
    JaimeMarie -- YGM!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards