Pennsylvania

Looking for a small cozy winter wedding location.

Any Ideas Please!!!  Banquet halls are to big and I've searched every b and b. I live in Florida but getting Married in the northeast. Something with a fire place would be a bonus but not a must.I appreciate any help : )Thanks

Re: Looking for a small cozy winter wedding location.

• edited December 2011
    how many people?
  • lklee82lklee82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you look into the Bischwind? It's a B&B in Bear Creek. I drove by it and wanted to have my wedding there, but they only do small weddings. So that may be good for you!
  • edited December 2011
    about 40 people
  • emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Silver Creek Country Club in Hellertown. We just had our wedding there (140 people) but they have a front room that they use for cocktails that would be perfect. It has a large fireplace, 3 huge windows that over look the golf course and a full size bar. There is plenty of room for 40 people, plus a dj and the club looks amazing at the holidays. Below is my wedding slideshow of with pictures of the club. If you send me your email address I'll send you pictures of the front room. I took them to send to my photographer. If you are interested you should talk to Lori Delany. She is amazing! http://singleexposure.com/blog/2009/10/erinchris/ My email address is emoran24@yahoo.com if you want the pictures or have any questions.
  • edited December 2011
    You could try the Tripp House in Scranton. We had our reception there. The three major rooms all have fireplaces and the main room holds a little over 40 (you can fit up to 60 between the 2 rooms. They are separated by a fireplace.) It's a beautiful, old historical home. We had some trouble with the guy who is head of the preservation committee, but nothing major. I wrote a review and there are pictures in my bio. Heres their website:[url]http://tripphouse.com/index.shtml[/url]Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I work at a wedding banquet facility called Willow Tree Grove in Orefield, PA.  There is a large hall for about 100-300 people, but we also have a smaller rustic-looking room called the pub that can hold about 45 max people.  There is a bar, fire place, room for tables, etc.  If you are interested, check out the web site @ www.willowtreegrove.com.  Unfortunately, I do not think there are any pictures of the pub area, but there are prices and options as well as a calendar of events so you can check to see if we have your date open.  If you like what you see, let me know and I can try to email you pictures from my camera sometime.  Good luck!Heidi
  • edited December 2011
    There are some great locations but it really depends on the area that you are looking for. In Bloomsburg there is a remodeled barn called The Barn at Boones Dam that is gorgeous. In Sunbury there is the Priestly Savidge House which is perfect for smaller groups and has a fireplace.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Hotel Bethlehem.  You may want to check it out.  It's in the heart of historic Bethlehem and has a nice feel when you walk inlk in.  They have a smaller ballroom for a small wedding.  No fireplace, but I liked the ambiance for a winter wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards