Ohio-Cincinnati

Vendor Reviews from 9.12.09 Wedding.

Hey ladies. I've only been back on here once since the wedding!! Moving in, Honeymoon, moving more stuff in, and work.... it's no wonder I haven't been able to find time to get on here. My wedding was on 9.12.09 and it was a perfect day. The weather was beautiful (thank goodness since the ceremony was outside). After the ceremony we took the reception into a barn and it was a wonderful night. Great food, great music, barn doors open and a beautiful sunset....... and I'm waiting patiently to get back my pictures from the photographer! Ceremony and Reception Site - Mary Nelle's Windswept Farm (lebanon Ohio) = A+++++ This farm is BEAUTIFUL. It's only been open for a little over a year but unfortunately the owner has recently decided to no longer make it an event place :( It's sad because it's a great setting. The owner was great to work with, the grounds of the farm were beautiful and the barn was refurbished inside and looked great! Caterer: Mrs. B's Catering = A+ Mrs. B's was great! Great to work with and Great food. Everyone complemented on how good the food was and they did such a wonderful job with set up and take down Dessert: Mrs. B's catering = A+ Instead of the traditional wedding cake, I went with pies and cupcakes. They were delicious! Photographer = Ashley Begley Photography = A+ Ashley is a close friend and an excellent photographer. I am soooo happy with the few photos I've seen so far and can't wait to see the rest. Music: Ceremony - high school students (quartet) = A++ I work with a lady who has a son that plays in the student Dayton Phil harmonic Orchestra. He rounded up a few of his buddies and they played for the ceremony. They were absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! They were very reasonable and did such a great job I can't... I don't know... they were great!!!! Enough said. Reception - DJ Toad Productions (DJ Phil)= A+ I gave Phil a list of songs I wanted played at the wedding, and ones that I didn't. He did exactly that! He was great to work with and did a wonderful job! Table/chair/linen rental - Kosins = A Everything turned out great. Had no problems with them. Flowers - My Aunt = A+ My Aunt who lives in Cleveland is a retired florists. She put together my flowers and they were GORGEOUS. It was a great day and it went by so fast! We left a week later for a cruise that traveled down the pacific coast and made stops in Canada, San Fran, and San Diego. It was a great time!

Re: Vendor Reviews from 9.12.09 Wedding.

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Your pictures are very beautiful! Congratulations on a gorgeous wedding! I have a question about your music in the ceremony. My sister also has high school friends who play in local orchestras. We were wondering what would be reasonable to pay them. Any advice?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the compliments! The students were mostly playing at the ceremony for fun and to earn a little cash on the side. They ended up asking for just $50 each and then I tipped them all on top of that. So, it was very reasonable!!!! And they sounded just as good if not better than other professional groups.
  • robbinrlrobbinrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding sounds beautiful. That is so sad that the farm location is no longer going to hold events...it sounds exactly like what I want. Do you think it is worth trying to contact them to see if they've changed their mind?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    robbinrl - Thank you! You can try to contact them to see if there have been any changes. She may re consider. She no longer has the website up but there may be some other way to get ahold of her information through other sites.. If you need any help just let me know! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards