California-Inland Empire

group usa

did anyone buy there dress from there or look there?? wondering how they are and if the prices are resonable.

Re: group usa

• edited December 2011
    I looked there.. I knew what kind of dress I wanted, but none of their dresses caught my attention...Then again, my co-worker did shop there a while back, and she did find her dress there for less than 700... It never hurts to look if there is one clos by. :o)
  • mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where'd you find yours?
  • edited December 2011
    I looked online for one that I 'fell in love' with then called like 20 bridal boutiques around town to see which one had it in store... The closest place that had carried it was a shop in Huntington Beach... So I made an appt, and drove down there during the weekend. The sales woman helped me try it-and a few other dresses I picked out. The sales-lady only recommended 1 dress after she saw my body type, and the type of dress I was looking for. ...I ended up getting the one dress she recomended lol... It was perfect! The original dress i 'fell in love with' didnt fit/look as nice on me, as it looked on the picture -but it was VERY similar to the one I bought, so it worked out great! -I would recomend this place for the service, attention to detail, and extraordinary saleswomen! Marina helped me, if you decide to go, you should ask for her! ;o) their Ph# is (714) 842-6440 the place is called "Jinny's Bridal" :o)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    okay, cool ill have to call them...did they have good prices on the dresses??
  • edited December 2011
    The pricing for the first dress I went to go see was about 100 cheaper than other places...But the dress that I actually purchased was about 150 over... (I am going off internet prices that I get when I look for my dress now) I would just say, get an idea of the dresses you like, come up with a budget... and make sure you stick with it ;o)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah i planned on not spending more then 500 but am finding that to be a little hard...i guess i just need to get out there and look. thanks for the info though! : )
  • sdkissezsdkissez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can definitely find something cheap. My dres was $1400 at David's Bridal, but they were having a hard time selling it because no one wanted lace at the time.  So, I snagged it for $699.  It was the only dress I liked and I fell in love with it the minute I tried it on.  I don't look at prices when I shop because then I might miss something that I would've actually liked. =)  There are definitely "diamonds in the rough" out there.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, my original budget was about 800... (the dress was about 1100) The dress took my breath away... and after I called my FI & his ok... we decided to go with it!! Good luck, and have fun out there!! :o
  • edited December 2011
    I went to group usa and wasn't happy with what I found. I love alot of the dresses at David's Bridal, I know some people don't like them, they are "cookie cutter" but I am ok with that.
  • est2005est2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try Mariposa in Anaheim. I was really happy with my dress I got from there and it wasn't expensive. Although they do have expensive dresses there.
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Ferndales in OrangeI actually saw a former knottie wearing at a TTD photo shoot we ddi together and I fell in love with itThe ladies at Ferndales were amazing and so helpful :0)I bought my sisters military ball gown at Group USA and we were really happy with it
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard that Group USA has some cute dresses and that the prices were very affordable. If I were you I'd just go down there and look anyways.

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im excited to look but at the same time i hate dealing with sales people, i hate being pressured into liking something that i dont or buying smething that i dont wanna. and im not good at just saying NO...we shall see!!
  • edited December 2011
    Randi I'm the same way. I had that happen to me at Alfred Angelo on Rancho. My friend went there for her dress and didnt have any issues but when I went the girl would not let me leave. I think maybe she just really needed the sale but I felt bad saying no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards