• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
New York-Long Island

Hotel Accomodations

I am looking for some advice re hotels for out of town guests. Wedding and reception at Huntington Harbor Club. They recommend the Hilton or Marriot in Melville area. Anyone out there have any thoughts? Does either one of these have a nice bar for after wedding? Thanks for the advice-MY son is getting married-I live upstate and need help!

Re: Hotel Accomodations

• edited December 2011
    The Melville Marriott is gorgeous. It was just completely redone. They also give a really inexpensive group rate (I think it was like $125). The only thing they don't have is a shuttle to take the guests back and forth to the wedding which is why we went with the Wingate in Commack instead.  The Hilton is also really nice but I'm not sure about the price or shuttle.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Ninth Anniversary 2500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    i had my reception there also. it was wonderful. we blocked rooms both at the Executive Inn at Woodbury (as they provide free shuttle service to and from for guests) and is MUCH closer than the hilton and the hilton as a lot of our guests had hilton points to use.  

• jordanamnjordanamn member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I actually wound up blocking rooms at the huntington/melville hilton, the group rate was $129 which is pretty good and they offer shuttle service, they also just remodeled and now have a nice bar area which they will reserve for an afterparty. They have been also really great to work with, always returning phone calls, emails, etc. right away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards